Mixing Mfg brands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sylvester

Reaction score
Can I use my scubapro s600 and g250 2d stages on a Apeks DS4 without and degrade in preformance. I have plenty of SP 2d stages but I am contimplating buying a pr of DS4s for my doubles. Then when I have more allowance saved getting Apeks 2ds stages.

With only a few exceptions you can mix and match various manufacturers 1st and 2nd stages.

Sometimes the 2nd stage cracking pressures may need a bit of adjustment, so the easiest way is swap bits and pieces around before you send your regs in for the annual maintenance.

Yep go for it. The main thing is that your second stages are both balanced and thus will provide you with the best possible performance from the DS4. I use them on my doubles as well. They are slim and provide excellent hose routing.

Hi Guys,

it is actually against HSE regulations to sell or service regs that combine different brand first and second stages (not the gauges!). So, please, please, please, stop recommending it ... it is illegal and could harm or even kill a fellow diver.

cheers, Andy (AquaPix)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom