Missing in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The sea is a harsh mistress. You can't turn your back on her for a second. Here's hoping for a great outcome. Make no doubt about it, I consider Noah a friend and a colleague. We've worked together a number of times and I could always count on him.

Last edited:
Noah was a captain on our dive boat and we were all shocked to hear that he was missing. He's a tough guy and very experienced on the water so we're keeping a positive outlook for his safe return.

I heard from Noah's mom, Tanya, today that the search has been called off for Noah. She wants to find the sailboat which is believed to be in 300 ft of water off Dixie Shoals and will require side-scanning sonar to locate.
She let me know she read this thread and was happy to see her son was well regarded by the dive community. Tanya thanks everyone for their prayers.

This is the hard part when a diver goes missing: we simply don't know when to give up hope. We certainly don't want to give up before they do, but we do need to face the almost certainty that our friend Noah is gone. If you know Noah's mom, give her space. The last thing she needs is to hear people telling her they know how she feels. You don't. You're not even close. I lost my 24 year old son last year, and even I can see that there is no way to fully understand or appreciate what she is going through. The best you can do is to offer your sympathy and tell her that you couldn't possibly understand the pain she's feeling right now. Don't give her advice, not even about God, unless she asks you for it. Respect the grieving process as intensely personal. You'll be appreciated as a friend for that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom