Known Bug: Missing Emotes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelemvor

Big Fleshy Monster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
There's still a lot of missing emotes. Are you guys working on it? I see the erroneous ones show up in posts all the time and since I don't use emotes much I didn't notice until today that they are actually missing from the post window as well. I had assumed they were posted on the previous system and just didn't carry over. Obviously that's not quite the case.

we lost the source location for some of them so they've been removed. This is what you should see now:
Capture.JPG
Try tossing your Scubaboard cookies and flushing your cache since you apparently have a different view.

Last edited:
That didn't change anything. I did have to log back into the site. I got curious and right clicked one of the missing icons and selected "view image" and got the below message. When I right click and view any of the working emotes it shows me the emote just fine. Maybe it's a permissions issue with the supporter group?
perms.png

Please switch themes to the default SB theme and see if your issue exists there as well. Thanks

Same results with the other theme.

The affected emotes are:
Code:
:yeahbaby:
:no:
:idk:
:stirpot:
:facepalm:
:fear:
:clapping:
:vomit:
:rain:
:thumb:
:thumb2:
:landmine:
:whistling:
:holysheep:
:monkeybutt:
:rule40:
:hm:

:yeahbaby:
:no:
:idk:
:stirpot:
:facepalm:
:fear:
:clapping:
:vomit:
:rain:
:thumb:
:thumb2:
:landmine:
:whistling:
:holysheep:
:monkeybutt:
:rule40:
:hm:

Interesting... I'll take a look at file permissions. I can see it as me, but as a registered user, I can't see the images.

Apparently it's something from XF in the latest update? XF 1.5 - Some users cannot see attachments when inserted into post

Other sites are reporting problems.

I've posted a support thread reporting this particular issue. In the meantime, there's not much I'm going to do on this... if it's an XF problem, I'm not going to spend time digging through their code to find an error.

Last edited:
Apparently it's something from XF in the latest update? XF 1.5 - Some users cannot see attachments when inserted into post

Other sites are reporting problems.

I've posted a support thread reporting this particular issue. In the meantime, there's not much I'm going to do on this... if it's an XF problem, I'm not going to spend time digging through their code to find an error.
Thanks for spending the time to investigate it as much as you already did. If I were in your shoes I probably wouldn't look further into their code myself.

This may be relevant information to share with xf support.
All the working smilies are stored in locations like this:
http://www.scubaboard.com/images/smilies/popcorn.gif
All the failing smilies are stored in locations like this:
http://www.scubaboard.com/community/attachments/stirpot-gif.366874/

I checked every one of the failed smilies and they're all in /community/attachments/ and have additional information after the filename such as this one with .366874

Maybe the user group I'm in doesn't have rights to view all media gallery/attachment files?

Back
Top Bottom