Missed a close one (on-shore accident)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReneeC

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am very relieved to be sitting here writing this to all my SB friends! Thought I was going to be out of commission for a LONG time but missed the bullet....

Took a very, very bad backward fall yesterday and slammed the back of my head into a hard and sharp edge. The lump and cut was only a bad headache until this morning when I awoke with my stomach churning and head spinning. My doc sent me to the ER for a CAT Scan "stat." We all thought I had done some serious damage but the scan only revealed a mild concussion. (Guess you just can't break an this hard head!) Still got one hell of a bump and can't wash the blood out for another day. The morphine was fun for a while anyway!!

I'll be out of the water for at least a week but I wasn't going to be able to go anyway. Just as soon as my little brain gets unscrambled I'll be back out there with you all!!

Glad to see you are ok. Those head injuries can sneak up on you.

Hope you'll feel better!

Wow!
Prayers out to ya. Good luck on the recovery!

RonFrank:
Glad all is OK. 9 out of 10 doctors recommend against banging your head against hard objects! :D

The problem is,... the tenth doctor can't remember the question for more than three seconds.

Get well soon!

Glad to hear the morphine helped. Sorry to hear about your head. I hope the lump goes down soon...

Remember, most dive accidents happen getting to and from the dive site.

Al

Thanks for all the nice thoughts!
Makes me feel better already!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom