Misgivings / Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed, thank you.

It's my opinion that there are far more competent and ethical instructors than not. In fact, I would put that number at a 100 to 1. A single bad apple stands out among the good ones. It's not unusual for an instructor to make a mistake, and a caring student would approach the instructor about these issues.

NETDOC: That was really diplomatic, and I would tend to agree with you about the majority of dive pros being just that, as I've taken my various courses at different shops and this was the first time I've seen anything dodgy. I think I was just more sensitive to this because I do plan on going into the dive teaching industry and the last thing I want is to feel pressured to pass students who just shouldn't. And you're right, I will address this with my CD the next time I see him, and if he blows me off then I guess I have my answer.

Michael

Back
Top Bottom