Minor Hand Squeeze in Dry Suit/Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My experience with that…

Slashed the glove on a wreck and needed to re-seal my wrist seal. But, like a complete pollock, I’d tied string to my thumb loop. Prized the glove off with a bolt snap then spent way too long trying to stuff the string back into my sleeve, lifting the wrist seal and letting in yet more water in the process. Eventually manage it and had a very soggy arm.

Just imagine how you’d get a thumb loop off your thumb and back behind the wrist seal…

I now dive with a 10cm/4" piece of 2mm string which I stuff into the seal when I don the suit. Then it’s a simple case of pulling the glove off, pulling out the string then put the glove back on to complete the dive.

You don’t need fancy tubes, bungee, etc., just an off-cut of string. The air will sort itself out — as will the water when you cut the glove.
I don't have the thumb loop around my thumb. Just slightly reaching through the seal, so air can travel. If I need to I can push it back. But this if of course not an easy task with any tube, loop or whatever goes under the seal.

Some people dive with a piece of string or bungee with two knots, one at either end. Apparently this enables you to feel for the lump inside your glove and pull it through without removing the glove.

I don't have the thumb loop around my thumb. Just slightly reaching through the seal, so air can travel. If I need to I can push it back. But this if of course not an easy task with any tube, loop or whatever goes under the seal.
Thats also how I do it. I have the loop over my thump until I have pressed my hands through the cuff. Then I undo it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom