Minolta Z1 Needs Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sig

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking at getting a Minolta Dimage Z1 digital camera, It will be mostly for home pictures but if I can find a housing I would like to use it for under water as well. Preferablly it needs to have at least a depth rating of 200ft. Please post links if you know of anyone who has housings for this camera.

Thanks

If you take a look at digideep.com they only have two Minolta housings and neither are for your intended camera.
Ikelite has no Minolta housings listed.
It appears you have two choices at this point:
1. Pick a different camera that has a housing available. The Canon and Olympus housings are not rated to 200 feet.
2. Buy the Minolta you want and send it to Ikelite and have a housing made for it. That will be costly but it will go over 200 feet.

Hi
This my first post since I join this community a minute ago.
Re. the Dimage Z1 underwater housing, you can get from Ewa-Marine, they have 2 models ie. D-A and D-AX, can be used for Dimage Z1 as well as some other selected camera. You'll need a converter. But not to go deeper than 30 m. Please check with digideep.com
The price much more expensive than the camera itself. I am interested to buy too, but not very sure with its flexible PVC construction tough enough to protect the (seem fragile construction) of Dimage Z1.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom