Minnewanka update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nadwidny

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
This is from Charlene at Aquasport

I just received an update from Banff National Park.You now can drive to Banff. It is one lane at 60KM/HR. If you are going out diving, there are a number of warnings. Banff for the first time in a very very long time have opened the Minniwanka spillway. This is an extremely DANGEROUS location to dive. You must stay at least 50-100 meters away from the spillway. Minniwanka is not chocolate milk..... it is mud. The spillway will be open any where from 3 weeks to 3 months. During this time diving at Minniwanka is not recommended. This information came directly from a warden out at Banff. I will keep everyone posted if I hear anything else.

Also the Minnewanka Loop road is still closed.

Thank you Brian.

I remember diving the old dam site and coming across a pipe sticking out of the bottom at an angle with grating across it (maybe a meter in diameter - memories a bit fuzzy). At the time I thought "wouldn't it be the pits to get sucked onto that thing". Is that an intake for the spillway? This was off away from the dam itself a bit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom