Minidomes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Nexus 1017 mini dome, made for the Tokina 10-17. I love it. Add a 1.4x extender and a 20mm extension on the port and you can do close focus wide angle as well. That is my favorite setup overall. The lens focuses close enough to have something sitting on the dome be in focus. Thus the need for complete dust removal from the dome prior to diving.

Every shot at Cozumel a few yrs ago was shot with that setup.Cozumel 2010 - shiningseastudio's Photos

The Manta shots at Hawaii and Cenote shots were with the mindome and 10-17 with no 1.4x. You can find them at shiningseastudio.com as well.

I would encourage you to do a search at Wetpixel.com on the Zen mini dome. I believe there are quite a few threads on it there and I htkn most people like it with the 10-17.

Its easy to travel with as well. I pack my housing, strobes, ports, mini dome, lenses all in a backpack and carry it on the plane with no problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom