Mini Max Chip size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstrand59

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just completed my second trip with my Mini + Strobe combo and have been pleased with the camera and my photos. SeaLife documentation indicates that the Mini should be used with a maximum 1MB memory card - I'm curious why a bigger card can't be used. It would be nice to minimize card changes.

I used my mini with a 2MB card last Nov. without any problems. It was great for both pictures and video. During a week iin Cozumel I used 6 different cards and it was great not having to change cards after a dive. I did read somewhere that sealife tested a 4MB card and had some issues.

SeaLife recommends using a1GB SD memory card which will take about 300 hi-res images or ½ hour of video. Our tests with larger memory cards, like a 2GB (SD) indicate no compatibility problem, however we have experienced problems using 4GB (SDHC).

I just completed my second trip with my Mini + Strobe combo and have been pleased with the camera and my photos. SeaLife documentation indicates that the Mini should be used with a maximum 1MB memory card - I'm curious why a bigger card can't be used. It would be nice to minimize card changes.

You can probably go for at least a 2MB card. My DC600 said maximum size was 1MB, but I've been using a 2MB with no problem. The extra size helps when you take video clips, which these cameras do very well, considering they are primarily still-shot cameras.

Back
Top Bottom