For Sale Mini booster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I knew at that price it would sell quickly! :)

It is painful to babysit a mini booster trying to move a lot of gas at high pressure. It takes a lot of time, a lot of drive gas, and needs a lot of breaks because the booster gets hot just whacking away at it.

That dovetailed with my thinking. There's a difference between being physically able to, and being practical to. But at $750, it was worth the conversation! :)

Honestly, if you're just interested in trimix fills into doubles, I'd look at picking up one of the many cheap used compressors floating around on SB, building a nitrox/trimix stick, and using that.

I *have* a compressor: a 6CFM Poseidon. And I use it for making EAN32. I understand how to do the same thing for Trimix. Unlike compressing Nitrox (where there are only a few people who argue against it), it seems there are a much larger number of people who argue against it for Trimix. So I haven't gone down that path.

I'm glad you found a buyer -- not that there was any doubt at that price! :)

Yeah, that was an awesome price! I was giving it serious consideration, unfortunately for me using it for double 130s and stages seemed like a not great fit. I was still thinking of snatching though, solid mini.

@tmassey two potential problems with trimix blending. First one is the blowby from the rings makes the process less efficient. If you are paying a lot of money for helium, wasting any of costs you. If helium is reasonable and you aren't pumping huge quantities of it, it's a lot less of a problem.
Second one is heat buildup when you start getting into really high He concentrations. Running 21/35? go for it. 10/70? get a booster

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom