Min. # dives/charge or battery acceptable for dive computer?

What's Your Minimum Acceptable Dives/Charge?

• 5+

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • 10+

• 15+

• 20+

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • 30+

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At least 100 dives or one year... which ever comes LAST!

Anything less is silly for a computer that needs to be opened to change the battery.

My Vyetc DS with transmitter gets at least this, at a 75-100 dives per year. I usually change the batteries annually during my reg servicing, and more often than not it still has about 1/4 battery life still indicated. Last week, for the first time, I had the battery on my Vytec crap out on me. I hadn't changed it in a year and half.

---------- Post added November 6th, 2014 at 09:16 AM ----------

On a ScubaBoard thread a 30-dive battery life sounds fine. In the real world, it's woefully insufficient.

And you better hope you're not on a 10-day liveaboard trip! (When I was in Truk I did 57 dives in 18 days; 14 from the Odyssey and 4 from Blue Lagoon. I can assure you there's a far better chance of your liveaboard passing a Radio Shack in the middle of the ocean than there is of finding a CR-2450 battery on Chuuk.)

Without being controversial RJP, we can't compare small wrist mount battery life with a power hungry colour screen machine, obviously you chose what suits you best. The reson I avoided the Lynx (despite ticking all your boxes) was the battery issue. However if you can charge your computer via lead then on a liveaboards who cares, we all take iPads, cameras lights etc so charging one more device isn't an issue, although I'd want it to last more than one days diving between charges.

lets face it my old Nokia 6210 phone went a week on a charge, my iPhone a day. Would I go back and is charging an issue? Heck I have one of those portable power packs to charge my iPad on planes during long boring journeys. So I could use the same on a dive comp if no mains available

[
My Vyetc DS with transmitter gets at least this, at a 75-100 dives per year. I usually change the batteries annually during my reg servicing, and more often than not it still has about 1/4 battery life still indicated. Last week, for the first time, I had the battery on my Vytec crap out on me. I hadn't changed it in a year and half.

---------- Post added November 6th, 2014 at 09:16 AM ----------

My Vytec has gone a couple of hundred dives and several years. A dive trip to Galapagos is what caused me to buy a spare DC. Never needed it for that trip, but it has saved a couple of dives since then

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom