Military SCUBA Picture

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brdr882

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey All,

I'm working on a project and looking for a specific picture. I spent about an hour poking around the internet and couldn't find it. The picture is of a group of military divers doing push-ups with cylinders on their backs. If anyone knows where I could find this picture (higher resolution the better) I would be very grateful.

Tanks

I have one at home from ROTC pre-combat diver qualification course, if memory serves. Think the candidates were in fatigues or whatever they call the utilities nowadays. I will check and send it to you tonight (Alaska time).

I'm currently in Army ROTC at PennState. My first question would be were you Army ROTC and if so how did you get into the diver qualification course. This is something that I'm very interested in but am having trouble finding information about. Can't wait to see the picture, thanks!

Hey All,

I'm working on a project and looking for a specific picture. I spent about an hour poking around the internet and couldn't find it. The picture is of a group of military divers doing push-ups with cylinders on their backs. If anyone knows where I could find this picture (higher resolution the better) I would be very grateful.

Tanks

Not sure if this is where your pic was generated from or not, but there was a BUDS shows on Discovery channel where they had candidates in doubles doing push ups.

see if you can find that episode somwhere and do a frame capture.

EDIT: They are discussing pushups in tanks at post 7 in this thread.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/military-divers/98215-navy-seal-training-dual-hose-regulator.html

PM the poster and see if he has any pics of it.

Hey All,

Tanks

Its called a SCUBA push up. Goggle it and you'll get a lot of hits....but anyways, heres a picture

Clicky..Clicky

It was a very common practice in the early days of NAUI 1960s to perhaps 1965..

There is a picture of ITC candidates doing push ups floating around NAUI circles.

The same picture was on the front cover of the Pro 5000 awards program in Orlando last October..

Therefore contact NAUI or SSI..
sdm

I have one at home from ROTC pre-combat diver qualification course, if memory serves. Think the candidates were in fatigues or whatever they call the utilities nowadays. I will check and send it to you tonight (Alaska time).

They have not been called fatigues or utilities since 1982. They are called BDU's for battle dress uniform.

In 2005, we in the Corps still called them Camouflage Utility Uniforms.

Naturally that got shortened to "Utilities" or "Cammies."

However, if we were doing PT they were "Utes" as in a "Boots-N-Utes" run.

I've got some photos floating around somewhere of Recon Marines doing things with Doubles. I'll go digging.

Semper Fi

I'm currently in Army ROTC at PennState. My first question would be were you Army ROTC and if so how did you get into the diver qualification course. This is something that I'm very interested in but am having trouble finding information about. Can't wait to see the picture, thanks!

PM sent with location of the picture. hope it helps.

Thank you for your service to our country.

No, I was not in ROTC. Was breifly in the Naval Aviation Reserve Officer Candidate Program (AVROC) but found out I needed glasses (a disqualification for pilots in the 1970s) before going off to summer training at Pensacola so did not pursue it. Pretty much a confirmed civilian now, but spent a lot of time working on military aircraft as a contractor (C-17, C-130, KC-135) and did some research for the Navy in the 1990s on the islands they own off the California coast.

Can't help you with the diver qualification course info as I don't really know anything about it, other than it is extremely competitive.

A youngster I coached in boxing is in Army ROTC and a sport diver. I will see if there is anything that he knows about it.

In 2005, we in the Corps still called them Camouflage Utility Uniforms.

Naturally that got shortened to "Utilities" or "Cammies."

However, if we were doing PT they were "Utes" as in a "Boots-N-Utes" run.

I've got some photos floating around somewhere of Recon Marines doing things with Doubles. I'll go digging.

Semper Fi

Sorry, I didnt realize that the Navy infantry counted:wink:

I was speaking on that the ROTC program is ARMY. The only time that I was able to hang around the Navy Infrantry was in Yuma for 15 days,

Thank you for service to our great country.

BTW
RLTW..............:14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom