Mike Crawford -Big blue vanuatu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frosty

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It is with the heaviest of hearts that we bring you sad news. Our Abu Mike passed away Sunday morning in New Zealand. His family were by his side. Mike touched so many peoples' lives in Vanuatu,
He will be so sorely missed. He was the first dive operator to believe that Ni-Vanuatu divers should be trained to be dive masters and instructors and subsequently changed the profession here. His legacy lives on in everyone who he taught to dive.
For those that don't know Mike was instrumental in ensuring that diving in Vanuatu was to a high and safe standard,Including being one of only four qualified operators of the decompression chamber in Vila.
he was one of few people to receive a lifetime achievement award from PADI
On a personal note

Mike You have been a fantastic friend and mentor over the years. You have always been a positive influence in my life.
Your huge heart and willingness to help anybody anywhere is something I hope and pray I'm able to live up to.
Truth be known I wouldn't be where I am in the scuba world if it wasn't for you and your influence.
You without saying a word reminded me that everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity.
You have left a massive hole in the world.
Quoting a silly movie-"your men love you. If I knew nothing else about you, that would be enough" and they do Abu-they do
Im usually pretty good with words but in this case words simply cannot express how sorely missed you will be by me and my entire family.Rest in peace Mike Crawford (abu)

Attachments

• 79477094_2631936516886804_2070175593881665536_o.jpg
    79477094_2631936516886804_2070175593881665536_o.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 125
Lovely tribute. My condolences to you and to those whose lives were touched by Mike.

Back
Top Bottom