Miflex QD Hose & Hollis BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djcheburashka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm posting this in both the XS Scuba and Hollis forums.

This weekend I tried out my Hollis BAC 65 wing with a Miflex inflator hose. While it seemed to inflate fine when I first tried it, after a few minutes in the water it ceased working. It would work only when the hose connector was pushed down toward the inflator. This was so even though the connector did seem to "catch" and lock down.

Is there some general incompatibility between the valve on the Miflex and the connector on Hollis BC's? Or should I assume this was a defective hose?

Hey DJ:
I suggest you return to your LDS and have them check it out. They can talk with Hollis. I guess it's a situation with the Schrader valve torqued in too far within the female QD fitting or possibly a bent stem on the Schrader valve. A replacement of the Schrader valve will most likely have you fixed up. Give me a call if you can't get it resolved with your dealer.

I was about the start a thread on this since I had the same exact issue this weekend. It seemed to work fine when the Miflex hose was first installed and then I had to push it down when inflating during the dive.

At first I thought it might be the inflator on my DSS wing but then I tried the Miflex hose on my Halcyon wing and the same issue occur. Just to make sure I tried my drysuit hose on both wings and they worked fine so it must be the Miflex hose.

Hey Theatis:
Give me a call 866 977-2822. I'll get you fixed up.
Is this something you can share with the masses? I have all MiFlex hoses and would like to know if this is isolated or something we should all be aware of.

Regards

Hmmm... I exchanged the hose this weekend, and also put Trident inflator stems on my bc's. The problem went away, but I don't know if it was the hose or the stems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom