Miflex Hoses and DIR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They've gotten mixed reviews as long hoses, a bit floppy to some. They seem like they'd be great for DS4 users on doubles. Durability, who knows.

They've gotten mixed reviews as long hoses, a bit floppy to some. They seem like they'd be great for DS4 users on doubles. Durability, who knows.

I use them on my Zeagle Flathead first stages for the backup reg, and the inflator whip. Makes the hose routing much smoother with far less "pulling" compared to the much stiffer standard hoses.

Any DIR position/opinions on the use of miflex hoses?

My buddy has them on his Atomic doubles rig and is very happy with them. When it's time to replace, I will probably go that route.

If you look up MER, I believe she did a mini review of them either here or on TDS. Overall, she seemed pretty happy from what I recall.

Hi,
I use the Miflex hoses as long hose and for the backup reg. After 2 years I can say that I won't trade them for "normal" ones. Especially the short hose runs very smooth and I was able to shorten the length by 4 cm (compared to a normal hose). I'm using the Apeks Tek3 first stages.

They are a little floppier than rubber hoses. Definitely more bendy, which mostly is good, but occasionally there is a momentary flash of annoyance. For the most part, though, they're 100% fantastic throughout the dive. Zero reg pull. Really amazing, especially for the backup, but also for the long hose. Also, for the BC/wing inflator... you know how there is often that little loop at the back where the rubber hose is bent a little sharply before going into the first stage? No problem with Miflex. Packing is a DREAM. They're noticeably lighter, and curl up really well into the reg bag.

The only downside I see is a smidge more money (a small smidge, especially if you're comparing to Halcyon rubber hoses), and I've read one (1) report of someone here on the board that really didn't like the long hose for scootering, because it "flapped" in the "breeze". For the rest of us kick divers, that's a non-issue. And for other scooter divers who have reported, it's a non-issue. But there you go.

I love the Miflex rig on my singles rig (Atomic M1). All Miflex (except HP hose, of course). My double rig (ScubaPro Mk25/S600) is still all rubber, because I'm not dying to spend more money and there's nothing wrong with the hoses I have. I'll probably migrate the doubles rig at some point, though, and I doubt I'll be buying many more rubber hoses in the future. Oh, they're also really nice on deco bottles. You do have to be a little more careful holding them in place under the bands, because they're more slippery, but they loop over the neck very nicely, in use.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom