Miflex dual swivel regulator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've no idea if it would actually be a problem or not, but it looks like there's quite a small restriction in the swivel.

xs-scuba-miflex-ds--dual-swivel--regulator-hose-Big-2.jpg

The limiting factor on flow volume of a typical second stage is the second stage volcano orifice and the amount of lift the seat has over the orifice when fully open. If anything upstream of that has a smaller area then it could restrict the flow. I doubt that is the case with the swivel.

N

The swivel connector at the second stage appears similar to the Cave Adventurers' swivel adaptor. Have there been any issues with those?

If I wanted a hose with a swivel, I'd buy both a hose and a swivel. My thoughts are that it would allow me to replace one part without having to buy an expensive combo piece of equipment.

Personally, while I have used swivels in the past, I now prefer fixed angle adaptors on my hoses (side mounted rebreather bailout regs).

If I wanted a hose with a swivel, I'd buy both a hose and a swivel. My thoughts are that it would allow me to replace one part without having to buy an expensive combo piece of equipment.

What he said! :cheers:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom