Midland Diving Equipment Valve Markings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zef

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I have a pony bottle that is on long term loan from a friend/dive partner who is currently deployed and not able to be contacted. The cylinder is due for re-hydro and I just dropped it off with my club who will take it along with club cylinders to be tested next week.

I removed the valve but forgot to look at the tank markings to determine the neck threading.

The valve is marked: "Leicester England 232 Bar" with a fish design on it. I have been able to trace this to Midland Diving Equipment.

The valve should be 25x2mm from what I have measured with my vernier calipers and from what Midland Diving Equipment show on their website.

There is a small stamped mark on the front of the valve between the handwheel and the DIN opening that states: "M25/006"

I believe the M25 confirms the M25x2mm thread form but does anyone know what the 006 indicates?

Also, can anyone confirm the correct o-ring size is M25x3mm?

What is the recommended durometer?

I assume 90 shore due to the high pressure nature, but the o-ring on the valve feels softer than a 90 shore o-ring.

-Z

Along with posting here I sent a note to Midland Diving through their website.

According to the response I received the 006 is a batch number.

I have responded to their message requesting the recommended durometer for their valves as Scubagaskets.com lists o-rings for M25 x 2 thread form with 3 different durometers (70, 75 and 90 shore)...I am hoping that Midland will provide their recommendation. There initial response was as follows:

"The 006 is our batch number. We do sell an M25 neck O ring for this valve. But we can only supply them to IDEST approved test centres for safety reasons."

-Z

All local dive stores should be able to deliver a O-ring to seal the valve to the cylinder. They are all the same as the internal diameter of the neck should be more or less the same for all M25 Valves.
I've paid E2,- for my last bought O-ring, just found this picture at the website of a dutch diveshop,

4.40 for a viton version.
According the picture in 90SH

47111.png

Bas

Back
Top Bottom