Middle Georgia Sites????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason8598

Registered
Reaction score
I live in Perry, GA. About 30 miles south of Macon and was wondering if there are any lakes or rivers that would be good sites to dive. I am not to worried about seeing things on the dive, just that any diving for me is basically a weekend trip. I am just looking for some place to go to for practice, something to do, and just to get into the water.
Thanks

Welcome Jason,

There are plenty of places for you to dive.
GA Coast
Florida Springs
Florida Gulf

a little more locally:
Lake Julliette right above Macon and a pretty good lake to dive. Vis can range from a few feet to 10' or so. I've dove it many times.

Lake Lanier - North of Atlanta. Vis can range from a few feet to around 20' in the winter and below the thermocline. Below the thermocline this lake is cold so bring a thick wetsuit. Do a search for Lanier in this forum and you will find plenty of posts. You will also find our anual New Years dive at Lake Lanier posts. Great read and come out this next year.

Jeremy

Back
Top Bottom