Mid September dive Table Rock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdown247

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, my birthday is monday, but I will not be diving. I have decided to get a group together from Drury and any others from SB that wish to join us for a mid September dive. This will most likely be 9/15 and 9/16.

It is currently unknown how much room or how many boats will be available, but if there is room just ask. We are definately planning to dive Jake's Point, Enchanted Forest, maybe the dam, and maybe the Zebulon Pike. Decisions to hit other sites will be dictated by the consensus of the divers who go along.

If you wish to attend, but have equipment needs, just let me know if Branson or Springfield is closer for you and I can provide a couple of trust worthy dive shops for gear rentals. 48 hour notice for gear is recommended.

Disclaimer: For insurance purposes C cards will be required by all divers, so please remember them. A mandatory boat-by-boat roster will also be maintained so you WILL need emergency contact info, allergy info, and preferred hospital info (most of this should be in your log book if you keep one). Lastly, this IS NOT a guided tour, thus the operators of these boats are not responsible for your well being outside transport to and from the dive; all dive related incidents (pre, during, post) are the responsibility of the individual diver as are lost/stolen items.

The last time I talked to Louis @ Scuba Sports in Branson, he was planning on doing the Project Aware Sept 15 on Table Rock.

Terry

"Project Aware and the Center For Marine Conservation have announced the date of the International Cleanup Day.
September 15th
Moon Shine Beach on Hwy 165, on the North side of Table Rock Dam
$4/car entry fee to the beach.
Arrival time: 8:00 am For more information give us a call."

Scuba Sports
1196 Highway 248
Branson, Missouri 65616
Phone: 417-334-9073
Fax: 417-337-7727
New email: info@scuba-sports.net

I spoke with Monty this morning regarding project aware. Yes, it is Saturday 9/18. They will have their boat(s) available as they may be hitting other sites for those who wish to go elsewhere during/after Project Aware.

Since I am running my own boat that weekend I will not be at Project Aware and will most likely hit a deep dive or two during the am. This will allow me to get a couple of research/video dives in before others wish to start hitting other sites. However, I can pick up a person or two (provided I have room) to transport to alternate sites. If a site is OW (no shoreline available) my boat will not be able to leave until all divers are out of the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom