Mid-day/fullday, unlimited dives with dive courses In phuket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver_City Boys

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just finished my AOW, coming to phuket in few days for 2-3 months stay and want to go to rescue and DM level, looking for DCs with following offfering:

1- Unlimited dives or at least 60-80 logs depanding whethere some offshore and local dives

2- Mid-day diving off phuket beach (i suffer from mental disorder, that takes few days to overcome my late sleeping disorder)

3- One or two Liveonboard (few days) oppourtunity to simillans, richilue rock..with my course (i don't want to pay extra for them)

I think Phuket-scuba-club aka ringo seems to offer mid-day diving , but don't know what else DCs can meet my requirements?

I can find out more when i get to phuket, but Thanks for any recommandtion here

I've been doing my diving through Phuket Scuba-club, aka Ringo since I arrived in Sep. Their instructors are top notch and the shop is well organized and can set up any kind of diving you want to do. Their rental equipment is well maintained as well.

Diver_City Boys:
Just finished my AOW, coming to phuket in few days for 2-3 months stay and want to go to rescue and DM level, looking for DCs with following offfering:

1- Unlimited dives or at least 60-80 logs depanding whethere some offshore and local dives

2- Mid-day diving off phuket beach (i suffer from mental disorder, that takes few days to overcome my late sleeping disorder)

3- One or two Liveonboard (few days) oppourtunity to simillans, richilue rock..with my course (i don't want to pay extra for them)

I think Phuket-scuba-club aka ringo seems to offer mid-day diving , but don't know what else DCs can meet my requirements?

I can find out more when i get to phuket, but Thanks for any recommandtion here

for 25k for the DM course if they will inlcude all that i think i will do it again :D

Yes, Diver City Boys
We do offer local shore and boat dives (apart from the daytrips and Liveaboards) during the day as do some other DC's in Kata, Karon and Kata Noi. However when doing the Rescue and DM courses we do insist that our trainees start at 10:00am in order to co ordinate with the rest of the divers and the courses that the DM's will be working with the Instructors on.

On the Liveaboards - as a DM Trainee - you would have to get up at around 7:00am for the early morning dive as it is a working trip for DM's to gain experience.

Nevertheless after a hard days work on both courses I am quite sure you will sleep very well! (You have my sympathies as I do know what it is like to suffer from a sleeping disorder....get soooo sick of counting those sheep).

smartecosse:
for 25k for the DM course if they will inlcude all that i think i will do it again :D

Thanks for kind words. However i try to avoid DM course that goes for anything less than 30K with mushroom like outlets, i prefer paying more $, but get more comfort and receive closer attention.

Fyi I cancealed all my dives with planet scuba Koh-Tao, and went with planet scuba samui even i had to pay 50% cancelation charge with Koh-Tao but they were risk to my life with their zero maintenance equipement and care (I did all koh tao dives from samui via SeaTran and returned 5:00 pm)

If you are refering to my requirement on similans, hin deang... live-aboard, why not?
If not, i don't see any advantage for doing courses in phuket over pattaya

Diver_City Boys:
receive closer attention.
That statement concerns me. If you are pursuing your DM, you should need little if any attention. Rather you should have a good solid skill set which you can demonstrate.

The other thing I think a DM should have is at least 30 of their dives where they were in the lead, not just following someone around. It takes very little skill to follow a DM around a site. However, leading the dive group and keeping track of all parties is quite another thing and you should be well versed in it before you take your first DM class.

Just .02 worth.

Quarrior:
That statement concerns me. If you are pursuing your DM, you should need little if any attention. Rather you should have a good solid skill set which you can demonstrate.

I mentioned that i did my AOW just few days back in samui (there is no any worthwhile diving within 2.5 hour proximity in samui for less than 2700 bhat), for that reason i'm coming to either phuket or pattaya where DCs can offer unlimited or as many needed for practise diving before i can even think of trying to lead anyone else at any site

Diver_City Boys:
I mentioned that i did my AOW just few days back in samui (there is no any worthwhile diving within 2.5 hour proximity in samui for less than 2700 bhat), for that reason i'm coming to either phuket or pattaya where DCs can offer unlimited or as many needed for practise diving before i can even think of trying to lead anyone else at any site

you would be better of learning to be a good all round diver before doing the DM course. Very few of the super quick "zero to hero" DM's or Insts' are actually good divers.

They may have the card but thats it. They look good for th OW students and thats about it.

WALKING before you RUN is always worth while.

:D

Diver_City Boys:
I really agree with smartecosse. I have already started the reviews, but I got a good solid advice from my instructor.

If you are able to, you should get a buddy and go for some dives on your own, in a familiar environment without a DM. You can probably talk to the DC to arrange it. It's a very good experience. We did 10 dives on our own and I have yet to complete my personal goal of 100 logged dives so I havent begin DM training.

If you dont have your own equipment it's advisable to get your own before pursuing DMT.

*good diving!*

I joined a DC that gives me unlimited boat Day-trips to all local divesites before i feel realy comfortable doing my final DM works, But NO similans liveonboard diving were included into my course package. I'm determained to go desciplined while in phuket

Thanks everyone for all help

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom