Miami to Cozumel direct flights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwesler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We are planning to go to Cozumel for our 8th time in March. All of the previous times we have flown from Philadelphia and then made connections in Houston or Cancun. All 8 times the connections have ranged from mildly aggravating to just about ruined the vacation. THIS time our plan is to fly to Miami, and see relatives just so we can fly direct. However, despite many references to direct flights from Miami to Coz online, I cannot find the actual flights!

Can anyone help?

Ken

Ps. wife does not plan to dive on this trip, so if anyone wants to hook up in Coz, I am looking for a buddy 3/21-28 or so

Wow!
Your right. I couldn't find a direct flight from Miami to Coz either. Not that I tried every airline, but I checked United, American, Mexicana, Cont. ATA Vacations & American Airlines Vacations. Also checked a few charter ops, Apple Vacations & Funjet. Sorry, but you might have to pick another city, if your looking for a direct flight.

Also you might have more luck if the Mods would move your post to the Cozumel section.

kwesler:
We are planning to go to Cozumel for our 8th time in March. All of the previous times we have flown from Philadelphia and then made connections in Houston or Cancun. All 8 times the connections have ranged from mildly aggravating to just about ruined the vacation. THIS time our plan is to fly to Miami, and see relatives just so we can fly direct. However, despite many references to direct flights from Miami to Coz online, I cannot find the actual flights!

Can anyone help?

Ken

Ps. wife does not plan to dive on this trip, so if anyone wants to hook up in Coz, I am looking for a buddy 3/21-28 or so

Unfortunately, other than charters, there are no direct flights Miami/Coz!!! Years ago we had them on mexicana, but they stopped doing that much to our dismay!! You can fly Miami to Cancun, then take the ferry (kind of a pain but certainly can be done) or the connecting flight over to Coz.
We get direct flights into Cozumel from Chicago (on United I think), Houston (Continental), Dallas (American) & there is one on US Airways out of Raliegh (I think that is where it is from)
Hope this helps!
Holly
www.photocozumel.com
ISLAND PHOTO-VIDEO CENTER of Cozumel

I just found out the USAirways flies direct to Cozumel from Philadelphia...now I just have to decide whether it is safe to book tickets with them 2 months in advance...

Ken

Personally, I avoid Maimi International at all costs. Every time we have had to connect through there has been nothing short of a nightmare. From the rude workers, unorganization, hours of customes and security lines, and the occasional unplanned missed connection and overnight stay........... I cannot say much good about that airport. Too bad it's the only connection option we have for some of the destinations we like such as Dom. Rep. and Jamaica.

We always fly direct to Cozumel from Dallas (DFW) airport. We've NEVER had a bad experience there and use that airport a few times a year. It's about a 2 and a half hour flight from DFW to Coz. Good luck!

If you're in South Florida check in leaving from Fort Lauderdale. Spirit Air has flights to Cancun. There was an ad in the weekend paper with flights for $89 each way if you fly on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.

I flew them in this past summer for $49 each way!

Marc

Back
Top Bottom