MIAMI Airport - international arrival - how much time to get through Customs/Immigration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you travel internationally with any regularity at all, it would be well worth your while to enroll in Global Entry unless the logistics of getting to an enrollment center are a huge problem for you. Between the TSA lines and customs, it saved us over an hour of standing in line on our trip to Aruba and back. That maybe wasn't worth $100 by itself, but it was close.
No, I fully appreciate the benefit and have seen it first hand. I have seen regular folks wait over an hour in line while global entry walked right through in minutes.

I am just stubborn. I feel we (being all of us) should not have to pay for better service. We all should be getting better service. I broke down and purchased the TSA 3 years ago. It is only has two years to go. I plan on applying for global entry then assuming things remain the same with these programs and level of service coming back into the country.

I feel we (being all of us) should not have to pay for better service. We all should be getting better service.

Often pay for better service be it a private DM rather than a group guide, better seat on the plain, taxi from airport rather than a bus.

No, I fully appreciate the benefit and have seen it first hand. I have seen regular folks wait over an hour in line while global entry walked right through in minutes.

I am just stubborn. I feel we (being all of us) should not have to pay for better service. We all should be getting better service. I broke down and purchased the TSA 3 years ago. It is only has two years to go. I plan on applying for global entry then assuming things remain the same with these programs and level of service coming back into the country.
Technically, it's not "paying for better service." It's paying to be screened and cleared as someone that doesn't warrant closer inspection at each of those points. There's peoples time and additional infrastructure involved.

Completely unpredictable, like any US airport. You may arrive along with 20 other flights and sweat in line for an hour to get to one of the only 3 officers available, or you can break through in 10-15 min.

The security screening you will go through is only for international arrivals who are catching a connecting flight, it will not matter how many cruise ships are arriving or how busy departures is (mostly) all American connecting international passengers have to pass through. TSA pre check should speed you process up assuming that line is open. Mobile passport (free app) will allow you to fill out your customs forms in advance, I don’t send it till I’m on the ground. Then you don’t need to stop at a kiosk like global entry folks, simply follow signs for mobile passport and pass through

I agree with you in principle. I came to the conclusion a long time ago that the government is unlikely to improve its service for the masses simply because I refuse to sign up for its advance screening programs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom