MI diver looking for great escape 12/26 - 1/2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

suziq239

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,
I am a warm water diver stuck in the mitten. I recently lost my dive partner (yes I wish it was to a shark but alas it was just a good old fashioned break-up about 3 months ago) and am dying to get away for my vacation break. I am vet student at MSU, 29 yr old, PADI advanced, nitroxed, have own gear, 50+ dives, most over 75ft and am willing to try anything. Does anybody know of any group trips with open spots on such short notice?
I know asking this so publicly is a bit daring but I am actually considering flying into west palm on my own and diving with my old dive boat - but I have done that alot and would like to try something new. Any ideas, suggestion, leads, invites are more than welcome!

Cheers

If you can't find open spots on any group trip, consider Cozumel. A single woman diving in Cozumel is not unique.

There are plenty of inexpensive hotels and the island is very safe. There are plenty of good, clean and safe lodging that runs from $35 to $65/night including taxes. Not including airfare, when I travel to Cozumel it usually runs me about $1000 to $1200 for 8days/7 nights of lodging, diving (2-3 tanks/day), food and taxis. I'm not a big drinker, but I've been known to down a beer or two.

It's hard to find a bad diveop in Coz. Some are just better than others. For a single woman, on her own, her first time in Coz I recommend contacting Christi at www.bluextseadiving.com and I'm sure that she can better fill you in.

Cap'n Ed

Call PADI Travel Network and ask them. They broker alot of trips and more than once the shop I dive with has filled slots with single divers from other cities through PADI for PADI brokered trips.

800-729-7234

Good bye cruel cold world....

I'm going to Bonaire!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all the great suggestions, especially kids dream that hooked me up with a LDS trip.

Arribah!!!
or
YaMan!!!
or whatever the heck they say down there... :p

Bonaire is Dutch......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom