mexicodiving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taiwanguy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Where are the three places that are most desirable to go scubadiving in mexico. How about Belize? Which country is better and why. I want mexico my friend wants cuba but if the scubadiving is better in cuba i'm willing to go there instead. Any idea's about this. This is killing me. Can I stay on the mainland and dive on cozumel island? Or should I stay on cozumel island for two days and just dive. I really want an amazing diving experience even if only for 2 days of my trip.

Hope to hear from someone soon.

:confused:

Depends what you consider to be "desirable" and "better." There are lots of places to dive in Mexico and each one is different both underwater and topside.

If you can provide a bit more specifics of what you're looking for then you'll have a better chance of getting replies.

What sort of diving do you want? What type of accommodations do you want? Do you care how long the boat ride is? What if any topside activities or amenities do you want? How long are you going for? When? Do you have a budget?

The diving in Cozumel is awesome and I recommend you stay on the island. You can stay on the mainland and catch the ferry in the morning if you want. I have never stayed on the mainland and dove Cozumel side so I am not sure who offers this service although I am sure someone does. You can also dive by Playa del Carmen which is where you catch the ferry. The marine live there is awesome too. I haven't dove in Cuba so I can't answer the rest of your question. Diving is nice in Belize too. Hope this helps you out a little.

Going back 4th year in a row. We always stay on mainland but always get some dives in on Cozumel by taking the ferry over in the morning. We dive out of Puerto Morelos on the mainland side. Also, the cenotes is an amazing experience from what I hear. Maybe I'll get a chance this year. Cozumel is one of the best diving destinations in the world for a reason. Hope that helps, it is possible to do both.

Let me know if you want more information.

Any suggestions. Will the diving be better there than Mexico. I want to go down to Cienfusus or Isle of youth or Glora de something or other. Will they compare to cozumel or cancun or Playa de Carmon? Also any tips on interesting things to do while in cuba would be greatly appreciated.... I like hiking, biking, scubadiving and cultural events, dances, theatre, drama, politics...

Back
Top Bottom