Metric versus Imperial System for Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see it now. Yes, I would like a .1113398 kilogramer with cheese, hold the pickles and onions. :rofl3:

(precooked weight of course)

I can see it now. Yes, I would like a .1113398 kilogramer with cheese. :rofl3:

(precooked weight of course)
Who the hell want something that small? 160 gram burgers should be the smallest size legal for serving. But really, a burger is supposed to be not a quarterpounder, but a quarterKILO - 250gr...

.25/lb=.1113398 kilo, Damn a .551156 lb burger is more than I can eat. Isn't that unhealthy or something?:D
Who the hell want something that small? 160 gram burgers should be the smallest size legal for serving. But really, a burger is supposed to be not a quarterpounder, but a quarterKILO - 250gr...

.25/lb=.1113398 kilo, Damn a .551156 lb burger is more than I can eat. Isn't that unhealthy or something?:D
Of course it is, that's what makes it so tasty! :D

I suppose as long as you eat the veggies with it you will be just fine.:D
Of course it is, that's what makes it so tasty! :D

---------- Post added October 29th, 2014 at 08:34 PM ----------

I suppose the 1/4pounder should be changed to an imperial with cheese?:D
They call it Royaaale with cheese....

Hence it's name in France …… Le Cardiac :D

There hasn't been a single good argument for imperial being easier, simpler or makes more sense than SI. I recall...

Sure there is. But it depends on whether you are arguing from a personal, or abstract perspective. For me, from a personal perspective, imperial measures in diving are easier, simpler and make more sense. I dive for personal reasons. I do not wish to make a political statement or change foreign governmental policy with it. You freely admit that is my right so my personal perspective stands.
You can't have it both ways; allowing personal freedom yet negating the validity of the experience. That's just paying lip service to the concept. Democracy, and freedom, means people don't always agree, which can be inconvenient. The degree of inconvenience felt is directly proportional to how strongly one believes their way of doing things is "correct" and how intolerant they are of other people believing something other.

Notice that not once, in this whole back and forth, have I said you were wrong for using metric measures. It just simply fails to bother me in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom