metalsub

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pingpong

Reaction score
:confused:

Hi guys,

I'm quite a newbie in this underwater solar flare everyone is creating using HID....
So before going bankrupt and emptying my account....

Has anyone used a metalsub before???
They've got a variable HID light on their site
Is it any good??? Or would you advice another one?

Thanks for you input,

Oops, found it on www.metalsub.nl

pingpong once bubbled...
Has anyone used a metalsub before???
They've got a variable HID light on their site
Is it any good??? Or would you advice another one?

Thanks for you input,

Oops, found it on www.metalsub.nl

A 28 to 50 watt variable HID lamp? It sounds interesting. I doubt anyone will have much experience with one yet. Their website says they will not be available until April 2003. Is the Euro 725 for just the light, with the battery extra? How much would that be in money? (Oops. Typo. I'm sure I meant to type dollars. :blush: )

I am pretty sure that the price includes batteries. I live about 5 miles from the factory and have looked at their lamps. High quality as far as I can tell. Another lamp you might look at is the Traveller from Gilan. it was recently reviewed by a British magazine. You can find the review on Divernet.com. Have a look at Gilan's site, as well. www.gilan.nl

Phil

either by a strap or by a sort of hook that goes under the cam band on the bc. Personally, i can't comment on how they are to dive with, but the arrangement makes sense considering it's one less thing to dangle. Appears also that the long, slim battery packs would creat less drag when attaches to the tank.

The price of the metalsub HID is WITHOUT cannister. You have to buy this separately...
Rather expensive, isn't it??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom