Messin' with my fishbowl!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
They're dredging the pass where I dive to clear the sand build up from last year's hurricanes. I hope they don't mess things up too bad. They won't be gone until June so I'll be looking to dive elsewhere while they work. Maybe they'll be closer to the bay and out of my way when the weather gets a little warmer and I'm jumping out of my skin to get in the water :D.

pjettybarge.jpg

pipe.jpg

poutflow.jpg

Gilligan:
How close to shore did you dive there?
In the first picture where the water is leaking out of the pipe is about where we usually dive. It gets about 55' in that area. I avoid the Jetty on the left because it is normally covered with fishermen. I also stay out of the channel where the boats are going and coming. There is a small finger jetty to the right that is not pictured. That is where most of the critters live. Right now the right side of that jetty is full of sand so no places for the local fish and crabs to live on that "protected" side until they clear out the channel and the sand falls off the jetty. I guess if I want the good I have to put up with the bad. Here's a pic of the sand packed point from today:

pointclose.jpg

Great pics Yoda, in the second one what was the shutter speed used??
I'm guessing 1/500s or so?

I hope that your 'fishbowl' is returned to you intact with great vis and even more nooks and crannies :).

Honestly, it looks slightly better than the last time I was there :)

Great action pic, thanks for the update and the pics. Always enjoy seeing Florida ! Are area looks like the Rock area to the left with brownish green water. Also copper heads and water snakes warming themselves on the rocks.

Jamdiver:
... in the second one what was the shutter speed used??
I'm guessing 1/500s or so?...
It was bright out there today and I wanted maximum depth of field so I stayed at f8.0 and picture number two was at shutter speed 1/650 sec.

Back
Top Bottom