Mermet Springs tomorrow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverbob

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Late notice, but I will be at Mermet for a few dives tomorrow with a fellow DMC.

I'll be there, but I'll be doing a little work for Glen. Hollar at me; old blue chevy 4wheel drive. steve

Hey Bob!

I'll be at Mermet Saturday, 2/19. Want to see if we can get a few guys togeather and get Glen to open up 2/20?

We did 2 dives. The first one, we went down and checked out the 100 foot platform. Saw a lot of spoonbill. The crew down there was working hard as always to make it a better place to dive. The thermometer inside the cockpit of the plane was reading 48 degrees, but that seemed a bit warm to me.

The second dive we just did the circuit, from the bus, the plane, the ambulance, the 727, the box car and then back to the dock for our safety stop.

As nice of a day as it was, I was surprised nobody was down there diving. We had the place to our selves, except for the guys working on the platforms, and I think there might have been a private dry suit class for one person.

Steve, it was nice to meet you. I'm sure you will be seeing me again down there.

MgicTwnger:
Hey Bob!

I'll be at Mermet Saturday, 2/19. Want to see if we can get a few guys togeather and get Glen to open up 2/20?

I would like to, but I will be working my final pool session on the 20th to get me that much closer to inishing off my DMC.

diverbob:
Saw a lot of spoonbill.

You talking a catfish?? I know they are pretty avlb. in Oklahoma and parts of Texas.....non keepers in Texas I think.

MgicTwnger:
No, he is talking about this, also known as a paddle fish:

One in the same....I THINK--- "Spoonbill Catfish (Polyodon spathula) The spoonbill catfish, also known as the paddle fish, is one of most ancient fish around. They are also one of the oddest looking fish species. Spoonbill catfish are not actually catfish at all as the name implies. Spoonbill Catfish were once endangered but are making a comeback." At least the pictures look this same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom