Mermet Springs this weekend (Aug 20-21, 2011)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwestby

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Heading to Mermet Springs this weekend for my son's OW checkout dives.....looking for a buddy to dive with while he completes his dives.

PM me if interested/available.

It was our first time there and I can say the overall experience was awesome. Glen (the owner) and his staff do a fantastic job. If you need a dive buddy, just let him know and they will arrange for you to dive with other "regulars" or other staff at the quarry. Everyone is friendly and accommodating.

For a Midwest diving location, it's very good as well. Facilities and setup are great and there are numerous "artifacts" sunk in the quarry to explore. If you dive the back wall, go down to the thermocline and you are guaranteed to see the large spoonbills cruising along.

My only complaint would be the local snack shack was very slow on Saturday. Not sure if that was an anomaly or not, but took foooorever to get our food. Which was good once we had it :).

Back
Top Bottom