Mermaids or Aquanauts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have to back up Aquanauts on this one.

LK, it's a done deal, 8 years ago and they're trying very hard to please you. In 8 years a lot of things change, especially in the dive industry.
Despite all the bad experiences you may have had in PTY, at least this outfit is willing to show that they've changed.

It's a feat in itself that Aquanauts is still going strong after 14 years.

LK -- Whatever credibility you had when you started your crusade has long evaporated. Your most recent comments and attempt to unfairly slate my and other Pattaya dive shops prove it.

Again, for all still reading, LK has been told that all of the owners of Aquanauts are not the same as they were that ONE fateful day EIGHT YEARS AGO. Nonetheless, he was offered an opportunity to try Aquanauts again at half off the regular price. We are, in fact, prepared to offer him a day free. (It's notable no other of his targeted shops have done likewise, I think.)

But he's not interested. He'd rather sit back, play keyboard warrior and criticize an entire city's dive industry based on a handful of dives nearly a decade ago. (With the recent exception of Dive SEA.)

LK, feel free to recite any of the ramblings in your dive log from eight years ago. Everyone reading this realizes they are irrelevant and meaningless in 2009.

And, for the record, Aquanauts opened its main center on Soi 6 14 years ago when there were exactly 3 bars on this street. The shop was there before the bars. In fact, as anyone who knows Pattaya will tell you, there's no dive shop in town that doesn't have a bar (or many) on the same soi. The gender of the working talent in those bars is irrelevant (I'm sensing a pattern) and the professionalism of what goes on inside the shop is what's important.

So, again, LK. Since we've made the effort to correct your perception and you've refused, I'd ask that you kindly refrain from mentioning us again and move on.

How can you say my comments are unfair, they are all of true actual experiences that happened between 8 years ago and the present day. I will re state, with the exception of one, and there have been numerous, all of my bad diving experiences have been in Pattaya. Too much to be a coincidence I think?
I know nothing about the ownership of your shop, and indeed am not interested, I merely asked a question about the guy that booked me in 8 years ago who would stilll appear to be working there.
This is not as you state, about a handfull of dives nearly a decade ago, it has been continuous for the last 8 years, as explained to you before on numerous occasions, I have with the exception of about 9 months for health reasons dived continually around pattaya for the last number of years.
I will find my old dive log, I will copy the information on to here in the near future.
You state that no dive shop in Pattaya is near a beer bar???? without really thinking, what about these:-
Neptune - Pattaya Nua
What was mermaids extreme, I dont know the new name - Pattaya Klang
Seaduction - Bali Hai
Pattaya dive centre - Beach road
Mermaids - Beach road
All of these shops are nowhere near beer bars. No doubt if I think about it I can name more.
I see the other day Dive South East Asia has now opened a shop on beach road near soi 6, the 2 shops which have given me probably my worst diving experiences ever. I hope you enjoy the Katoeys together. You deserve them.
So you will see, again you are quite clearly talking nonsence, so I have no reason to believe your shop has changed and do not wish to dive with you, however, thanks for the offer of the free day.
Just a final point, You stated a few weeks ago now that fuel prices are at levels lower than they have been for years, you were 'considering' reversing last years price increases that were blamed on the high fuel costs. how is that consideration going?

Greetings from Bali
Choosing the right facility for your scuba career training is not easy. Ensure they are committed to providing you with the most current and comprehensive training to help you attain your career goals in the dive industry.
Think of Bali

How can you say my comments are unfair, they are all of true actual experiences that happened between 8 years ago and the present day. I will re state, with the exception of one, and there have been numerous, all of my bad diving experiences have been in Pattaya. Too much to be a coincidence I think?

This is not as you state, about a handfull of dives nearly a decade ago, it has been continuous for the last 8 years, as explained to you before on numerous occasions, I have with the exception of about 9 months for health reasons dived continually around pattaya for the last number of years.

If someone has multiple negative experiences and keeps coming back one might politely call this person a masochist.

I'd consider this kind of behaviour to be simply stupid. But I have no manners.

LK, get on with your life. You have brought your point across. May everybody make up their mind about it. But stop spoiling the scubaboard experience for -I am guessing here - the majority.

I have never been to Pattaya, but now you have made me curious. Can I have your free day dive? I'll inform you about my experiences.. :wink:

bgrindberg -- Yes, you can in fact. PM me and we can set it up.

Deep-Blue -- Hi Tom! We didn't get the guy you spoke to. Think he jetted off to Oz.

and, of course....

LK -- I rest my case. But are you really claining there are no bars on Beach Road, Pattaya Klang or Pattaya Nua?

If someone has multiple negative experiences and keeps coming back one might politely call this person a masochist.

I'd consider this kind of behaviour to be simply stupid. But I have no manners.

LK, get on with your life. You have brought your point across. May everybody make up their mind about it. But stop spoiling the scubaboard experience for -I am guessing here - the majority.

I have never been to Pattaya, but now you have made me curious. Can I have your free day dive? I'll inform you about my experiences.. :wink:

As I spend majority of my time in Pattaya, over the years I have tried numerous different shops in pattaya (there are many) and if you look back over my posts you will see that in my experience, predominantly these shops are overpriced and give poor service to diving customers.
I dont keep going back, I went to Aquanauts only once, but I have dived with most of the shops in the area at some point, and all I want is to be taken and given what was sold to me.
However all too often this does not happen, now myself and a group of friends have given up with diving through shops and organise our own trips, not to save money, but simply to get the dives we want to do. And it really annoys me when I see these shops on here touting for business saying what a good service they offer when my experience is anything but good.
Pattaya is a great place to go, but at best the diving there is average, if you want a diving holiday dont waste your time. with regards to the offer of the free day, you are welcome, but when I have found my dive log and listed all the points that were wrong with the days diving before, you may think twice before taking it.

bgrindberg -- Yes, you can in fact. PM me and we can set it up.

Deep-Blue -- Hi Tom! We didn't get the guy you spoke to. Think he jetted off to Oz.

and, of course....

LK -- I rest my case. But are you really claining there are no bars on Beach Road, Pattaya Klang or Pattaya Nua?

Again you are twisting my words, I never said there are no bars on these roads, I said there are no bars near these shops. And for a considerable distance.
Then again, there are bars and bars. Feel free to visit aquanauts shop, and get harrased by katoeys in the street on your way in or out of there, if you dont want a short time with them, they might even try to steal your wallet. Such a nice location!
By the way what about the bars at bali hai?? See you never mentioned all them????
How you coming along with your considered price reduction to bring your rates back into line with the fuel prices, no mention of that I see!
Just more propoganda and s**t from Pattaya dive shops, theyr'e full of it

What's the emoticon for digging a hole?

... ah, forget it. I really need to learn not to feed the trolls....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom