Mermaid1 Biodiversity Super Special Raja Ampat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From what Egoi (Cruise Director of Blue Manta) told me during the last Ring of Fire trip, Real Time Blue Manta Review: Banda Sea 9 – 19 Sept 2019 the April trip would be a better visibility, but less chance to see hammerheads. Hopefully Mermaid LOB would have a better luck then.

If you want to see schooling hammerheads in clear blue water for sure, another option is to go to Cocos. If you would still be in Dallas in 2020, it’s only 3.5 hr flight from Dallas to San Juan, Costa Rica. I did it last year and I plan to return there next year and had setup a group trip with 10% off, Gathering a group for Cocos with Argo on 10-20 September 2020

We still have a couple spots to fill in Argo LOB. Nice boat, as good as Mermaid LOB.

there are only 2 spots left for Nov 2021 as far as i am aware and both are below deck.

i'm going on this trip :)

I was on this trip in April of 2018 and there was one dive where there were a number of hammerheads (I only saw one, but it got close!!!)

I'm a last minute kind of person, so the Fall trips don't work out for me.

Going again this year because it was such an amazing trip/boat. Spending a week diving Alor after. (Brr.)

Another point is that the Mermaid can go pretty fast and handles better in rough water than the Phinsi ships. I think it's less likely to have a weather-related re-route for this reason. (I spent a week diving in Ambon because of weather last year.)

Back
Top Bottom