Mermaid reporting in - Happy New Year!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mostly in the Netherlands, I live in zeeland so that's convenient. I did go on dive vacation once in 2017 to Derawan, Indonesia which was the best dive experience I had so far. Definitely doing it again.

Ah easy! I'm in Friesland, when I am in NL, not that great for diving haha. Derawan is a bucketlist destinations, nice! Whale Sharks?

Time go get certified!!! Where about in The Netherlands are you from? My diveclub in Leeuwarden does PADI OW

Yeah, I will in spring, already registered. I'm from Tiel, so going for SSI OW at the Beldert.

Ah easy! I'm in Friesland, when I am in NL, not that great for diving haha. Derawan is a bucketlist destinations, nice! Whale Sharks?
Yes, the very first day we found six of them feeding beneath a fishing platform. Amazing creatures, they really didn't mind us at all. Seen lots of reef sharks, manta rays, sea turtles and a few tresher (not me :( ) and leopard sharks as well. You can check out a video when you look up patrick moison on YouTube if you've got the time.

Florida is high on the wish list for the manatees <3 Boston.... I would need a dry suit brrrr!...

When you get to South Florida, look me up. I should be able to help you find the things you are looking for. If manatees are a priority, then this time of year is probably best, as they tend to congregate in smaller areas near me.

Years ago, when I dove the Boston area, I used a 1/4" farmer john wetsuit. It was marginal protection at best for those waters if you wanted to go deep, especially below the second thermocline. A dry suit would have been a better choice if you for reaching any kind of real depth in that area, even in summer. The shallow waters there aren't so bad in a wetsuit.

When you get to South Florida, look me up. I should be able to help you find the things you are looking for. If manatees are a priority, then this time of year is probably best, as they tend to congregate in smaller areas near me.

Years ago, when I dove the Boston area, I used a 1/4" farmer john wetsuit. It was marginal protection at best for those waters if you wanted to go deep, especially below the second thermocline. A dry suit would have been a better choice if you for reaching any kind of real depth in that area, even in summer. The shallow waters there aren't so bad in a wetsuit.

Hey! Thanks for the invite! I'm most likely coming to Florida in nov'20 after a big Mexico trip :D So we should definitely stay in touch!

Hi Rianne! Great webpage and vLogs...I need to dust off the GoPro and see what I can do. I am currently diving my ass off in the Marshall Islands, at least for the next 3 weeks before I get back to the States...maybe we'll cross paths someday...happy diving!

Back
Top Bottom