Meridian user manual - feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruno Z

New
Reaction score
Just received my Meridian, great hardware so far but haven't tried it yet. Been digging in the manual and so far here are my 2 cents:
- it would have been nice to have a compact printed version of it, not just the PDF files on disc, I'm not always travelling with a computer...
- some features and screen symbols are not even explained in the manual, like the wave+arrow symbol or an actual description of the deco display (though it is easily guessed)
- the structure is hard to follow, you constantly have to jump from one section to another to understand a feature properly
- the graphics in some of the PDF docs are too compressed, they are borderline unreadable. The NL one is the only clean one. FR is half good half bad (see p33, one screen graphics is crisp, the other blotchy compressed), the EN one is pretty bad (blurry on all graphics). Can someone at Scubapro re-export these PDF again with the right export parameters?

Thanks a lot,
BZ

Thank you very much, I appreciate!

Now that I have a much better grasp o the features, I have a better idea of what I think is missing in this manual. The Aladin 2G is a similar unit and its manual is great, the Meridian's one seems ... rushed in comparison. What I woud like to see in the Meridian's is:
* a quick reference like the first section of the Aladin's one
* a proper description of all the display symbols with their possible states, ex: what does the fast blinking heart / slow blinking heart / fixed heart symbol mean? What does the wave+arrow symbol [total ascent rate] mean? What are the light "stop" vs dark "stop" symbols meaning? etc. (these infos are nowhere in the current manual)
* a quick reference of the different alarm tone patterns (like in the Galileo manual), at least to know what to expect for the critical ones!

On the unit side itself, so far I love it. Great ergonomics (better imho than my GF's D4i), very easy to know what is going on, great design (apart from the water start which is way too exposed with a large contact, you trip it accidentally just by touching it all the time).
Can the firmware of the meridian be upgraded? If so, I would have a few minor suggestions to throw in, if anybody is interested at Scubapro. The first one would be to trigger the water contact only after say 3s of continuous contact from the sensor ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom