Mendoza, Argentina: US Dollar Bargain!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
We are planning for November for the big cycle through the wine country. Renting a cush apartment villa is about 200/ week. Here is a great website.

www.bytargentina.com

We need to figure out some diving still.

Any ideas? We will be in Mendoza a couple of weeks.

I'm argentinean living in Chile. Best place to dive in Argentina would be Puerto MAdryn down south.
If you have time or plan crossing over to Santaigo (Chile) there are a few places interesting for diving betwenn 1 and 2 hour drive from Santiago. Let me know if you would like some more info and I could give you some links.
Water down here is not Caribbean though, 13Celcius. approx.
Regards

catherine96821:
We will be in Mendoza a couple of weeks.

It's mid spring- you'll have just missed the late spring skiing season... not but an hour West of your location.

Mendoza? Beef- kill it, eat it, wear it.

Buenos Aires (from the home page website you show) is an all night party.

That's all I can add :wink:

I don't know much about Argi, but if you do decide to cross the Andes, I'm also in Chile and would be glad to help you find some dive spots (or even some vineyard tours, I'm finding some anyways for an ex GF's parents that will be visiting in March). Pool's right though, the water's much warmer on the Argi side, but still surface water temps here right now are between 13 and 20 degrees depending on the latitude, winds (upwelling) and what not. It's a lot like California (in climate, oceanography and biota), but a lot less kelp.

What I do know is that Mendoza is closer to the Pacific than the Atlantic. If you do go atlantic, there are supposed to be some great spots in Brazil though, and nice and warm too.

It’s being a while since last post in this thread, anyway…. I’m in Chile.

If you plan visiting Chile you won’t regret it. I can arrange diving for you and friends (got brand new equipments Cressi Sub), know some nice places where to take you diving. If you have the time (say 4 or more days) I can arrange for a trip to Juan Fernandez (Robinson Crusoe Island).

As per wine tours they can also be arrange, let me know and I’ll work on it.

Scuba96

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom