Memorial for Capt Ken & Jean Marie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEEPLOU

Contributor
Reaction score
Boynton Beach/ former Long Island, NY (THE ISLAND)
# of dives
1000 - 2499
For those who may not be on the various mailing lists:

For all those who may wish to join in a celebration of the life and mourning of the passing of Captain Ken and Jean Marie, I have been advised that the Funeral and Mass arrangements for Kenneth Jasterzebski and Jean Marie Jasterzebski are as follows:

The Funeral will be at Fairchild & Sons Funeral Home located at 1570 Northern Boulevard, Manhasset. Visiting hours will be 7:00PM to 9:00PM on Thurdsay April 28 and from 2:00PM to 5:00PM and 7:00PM to 9:00PM on Friday April 29. Fiarchild's telephone number is 516 627-2000

A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at St. Peter's Roman Catholic Church, 1327 Port Washington Boulevard, Port Washington on Saturday April 30 at 9:30AM. St. Peter's Church telephone number is 516 883-6675.

I had not heard of this and I'm stunned. I stayed with Ken and Jean Marie two summers ago. They were really wonderful people and I was hoping to see them again this summer. How did this happen?

Jerry

jerryn:
I had not heard of this and I'm stunned. I stayed with Ken and Jean Marie two summers ago. They were really wonderful people and I was hoping to see them again this summer. How did this happen?

Jerry

From http://www.wahoo2001.com/default.htm

Funeral Services ;
For the beloved Ken & Jean Marie will be held at Fairchild's Funeral Home. 516-627-2000
Thursday April 28th 3 to 5 pm and 7 to 9 PM, Friday April 29 from 2 to 5 PM & 7 to 9 PM in Manhasset 1570 Northern Blvd (RTE 25A) just west of Route 101 ( Port Washington Blvd).
Church services;
Saturday April 30th @ St. Peters Church on Route 101. Port Washington Blvd.

Driving exit 36 LIE north app 4 1/2 miles to the church and continue north to Northern Blvd make a left turn Fairchild's Funeral Home will be on the left just pasts Ihop's.

Dive boat Jean-Marie;
It is with the deepest regret and sadness that I inform you of the tragic death of Captain Ken Jastrzebski and his wonderful wife Jean Marie. They both died in an automobile accident in Florida, April 22, 2005.

All who knew Ken and Jean Marie are keenly aware of the depth of this loss, not only to the dive community, but to all of us on a personal level. No kinder souls ever graced our lives than Ken and Jean Marie. They both will be truly missed and may they rest in peace.

These are the details; Sorry to have to post them:

Wreck snarls traffic rerouted through town

By James L. Rosica and Jennifer Jefferson

DEMOCRAT STAFF WRITERS

Two people from Port Washington, N.Y., were killed in a fiery wreck Friday on Interstate 10 near the Thomasville Road exit.

The westbound lanes of the interstate were closed for several hours, causing gridlock in portions of Tallahassee as police diverted highway traffic through town.

The Florida Highway Patrol identified the victims as Kenneth Jasterzebski, 57, and Jean Jasterzebski, 56. They were pronounced dead at the scene, the FHP said.

Here's what happened, according to state troopers:

A Ford van driven by Nicholas Blackburn of Panama City was traveling east on I-10 around 9:30 a.m. when he tried to move from the right to left lane.

Blackburn's vehicle veered toward the Jasterzebskis' van. Kenneth Jasterzebski, who was driving, tried to avoid a collision but lost control. His van struck Blackburn's vehicle.

The Jasterzebskis' van then traveled across the median and overturned, sending it directly into the path of a tractor-trailer driven by Dennis Parenteau of Macclenny.

His truck rammed the overturned van. Both vehicles came to a stop on the shoulder and burst into flames. Blackburn and Parenteau were not injured.

No one was charged as of Friday afternoon.

Westbound I-10 was closed from the U.S. 90 (Mahan Drive) to U.S. 27 (North Monroe Street) exits for several hours, Tallahassee Police Department spokesman John Newland said. Traffic was rerouted along U.S. 90. Eastbound traffic between U.S. 27 and Thomasville Road was restricted to one lane.

Mary McQuary was on her way to work at Cross Creek Driving Range and Par 3 Golf on Mahan Drive near the interstate when she was diverted when trying to use U.S. 90.

She was not prepared for the flashing lights of the fire trucks or the stalled traffic. "Oh, my God; it was awful," McQuary said.

Motorists were rerouted to Mahan Drive and Monroe Street. Many travelers ventured downtown, which packed Mahan Drive to Blair Stone Road and Tennessee to Monroe streets, Newland said.

Traffic did not begin to move smoothly until after 2 p.m. when the interstate reopened.

I only posted this in the Wreck Valley area as I wanted to get the word out to those in the area who knew them and used them, but may not have been on any of the e-mail lists that have been passing the info on.

I didn't realize folks from so far off kenw them.

They will be dearly missed, they leave an enormise hole in the diving community.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom