Memorial Day weekend @ Norfork

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdown247

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all you midwest muckers! Would anyone be interested in getting together for a dive @ Norfork over Memorial Day weekend? I'm planning on doing some camping, so why not go out for the dives too! Mike from Aqua F/X has those dates tentatively planned for Norfork.

Dates: May 27-29.

I'll probably be there longer, but I'm not sure yet. It will depend on if I think I can trust my dogs to go with or if I will have to find them a sitter.

Just a quick update. We're still looking at heading to Norfork lake in Arkansas over Memorial Day weekend. Sounds like Mike is planning on bringing his boat and we may be a little light on divers (just the 2 of us). If you would like to dive with us, please email Mike at Aqua-F/X through his website www.aqua-fx.com

I spoke with Mike from Aqua-f/x yesterday. So far it looks like myself, Mike, and a couple (getting their OW cert) for Memorial Day weekend.

Again, the offer is open if anyone would like to dive with us. Just be sure to contact Mike at Aqua-f/x to be sure he's still got room. We will most likely be making all boat dives this weekend.

For those of you going to Table Rock or Beaver, have a good dive and please post conditions in your particual thread. You know we all want BETA for this particular season.

Sorry this is a bit late. I promised to post conditions from my dive weekend, so here they are.

Saturday May 27th and Sunday May 29th, outside temp 85 degrees; water temp @ surf: 85 degrees; water temp @ 15 ft: 84 degrees; water temp @ thermocline: 70 degrees; water temp @ secondary thermocline: 60 degrees (at roughly 60ft.)

Visibility @ Indian Island: 15-20ft, but lessened @ 40ft. due to the bluff face dropping beyond 60ft. and boat traffic; @ bulldozer/cement mixer: 10-15ft depending on boat traffic. as traffic increased, vis dropped; @ rock of gibralter (nickname): less than 10ft until 45-50ft, then vis opened up to 15-20ft depending on cloud conditions; @ sunken pontoon boat: less than 10ft due to heavy boat traffic and storm wind building chop on the lake. We were unable to locate the VW Bus just off the "rock of gibralter" due to crappy vis.

Both days were great for dives, am diving is better for visibility due to low boat traffic on Norfork.

Back
Top Bottom