Memorial Day Weekend Dive Trip!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Memorial Day Weekend Dry Tortugas Trip
May 23-29, 2008

Troy and I are going to spend 5 days on the Spree boat while it runs a few trips in the Dry Tortugas, Florida this summer! We booked our airfare into Fort Lauderdale, FL. and will rent a car to drive down to Key West. The flight leaves DFW Friday May 23 on American Airlines at 6:30AM and gets into FLL at 11:04AM. We will have plenty of time to get the car , drive and hit a few dives shops along the way to Stock Island, Key West to board the boat that night. We are want to split the cost of the car rental and gas so the more the merrier! Trip cost is $1150 per person and the airfare ran us $304 RT on the AA.com website. The trip will include opportunities of up to 17 dives, all your meals, beverages and Nitrox. Check out the Spree link for the FAQ's and trip details in May! Book your trip via the website at SpreeExpeditions.com in the Open Booking spaces and make sure you put in the notes somewhere "Debra and Troy" so we can all booked together. We will return May 28 from the boat trip and then have a drive back to FLL where we will spend the night and take a 11:50AM flight back to DFW on Thursday May 29. The prices are good, the diving is good, the company is great!

Let me know if you want to go, we are definitely going and have already booked and paid for our airfare and our boat trip!

Hey, Deb, we offer 22 or 23 dives on that particular trip. It all depends on the status of the Vandenburg.

Ahhhh see I did not know that.....Sweet!!!!!

Does anyone have a trip report from last year?

We have dove twice with the Spree outfit and been thrilled.
Just looking for further details?

Vandenburg would be very cool...

For those of us flying in from Texas- what's tanks detail?
Alum 80's? Or are your bringing Steels...

Thanks, Andrew
(digging through data in Kansas.)

Does anyone have a trip report from last year?

We have dove twice with the Spree outfit and been thrilled.
Just looking for further details?

Vandenburg would be very cool...

For those of us flying in from Texas- what's tanks detail?
Alum 80's? Or are your bringing Steels...

Thanks, Andrew
(digging through data in Kansas.)

The boat supplies your al-80's, or I will bring sorb and O2 for you.

I can live all day on an AL80, Troy on the other hand???? Not so much. Shallower dives though than in the FG so AL80's should be fine. I am looking forward to some easier diving and LOTS of critters! Troy and I are already thinking about packing and probably the rest of the crowd will be seeing lots of repeats in my "after diving" attire that week. I am going to pack my DVD Reef/Creature ID stuff with me for the laptop. Troy has an amphibico housing he has not used very much with an HD camera. I hope we get lots of great video. :D

Captain Frank,
Thank you for the offer of O2 and sorb it is sincerely appreciated.
I am currently in a state of transition and for open ocean diving I am staying open circuit. This is for everyone’s safety involved.

Debra, Thank you for the links.

Me and my better half (dive blondie) are talking about this currently.
Trip is very interesting.

Thanks everyone for fast response and great information.

Regards, Andrew

I think me, you, Troy and Heather would have a great time. Just think Andrew, we have never dove together without being involved in the industry. No worries, no pressure, no teaching, no expectations. Just diving. The Spree with Mel and Frank. Anything better than that? Oh yeah the Tortugas!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom