Memorial Day in Yellowstone National Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blackwood

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I went up to Yellowstone for four days over the Memorial Day weekend. Unfortunately it snowed most every night and was covered in clouds almost the entire time. Regardless, I had great luck with wildlife, and at least caught a glimmer of the beauty of the park.

I'd love to go back when the thermal pools aren't completely shrouded in the steam created by their 150°F degree water meeting the 30-37°F air.

Anyway, here are a few selections. As always, comments are welcome, and thanks for looking.

Snow Covered Pines in the Morning Light, near Lake Yellowstone

Lower Falls crashing into the 'Grand Canyon of Yellowstone
'

The Hokey Pokey

"Magma" flowing from Grand Prismatic Spring

"Alpha Dog"

Waves of Ice on Lake Yellowstone

A River Runs Through It (Panorama)

Fording the River

Crack the Skye

Grey Wolf Profile

Grey Wolf Yawn

Nursing Bison

Christmas Come Early?

The other photos are in the gallery here. More will likely be added throughout the next few weeks.

In the mid-90's I was in Yellowstone on July 5th and the snow was so deep that when I stood on top of my Ford Explorer I still could not reach the top of the snow! This was in the northern part of the park!

I have been 5 times and would go back in a heart beat!

Looks great!
We had to drive through the section of the park between Big Sky and West Yellowstone the other day and saw waaaay more wildlife than we've ever seen before. We saw a ton of elk, deer, some bison, and a teenage moose. :)

Yah, the wildlife is either in great abundance, or it's easier to see there than other parks due to terrain, or I just got extremely lucky.

It's probably a bit of each.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom