Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This young sea lion "buzzed" us in the Galapagos. I think he was trying to understand why we couldn't swoop and soar the way he could.

06_3.jpg

The ringed bird is wild. It is a crested Caracara, endangered in the US found in FL and Tx I guess thats why he/she is tagged however they are common in South America.

Attachments

• B-043-Caracara.jpg
    B-043-Caracara.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 75
  • B-044-Caracara-taking-off-with-food.jpg
    B-044-Caracara-taking-off-with-food.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 83
  • R-002-Pygmy-Rattle-Snake.jpg
    R-002-Pygmy-Rattle-Snake.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 79
  • B-031-Osprey-with-fish.jpg
    B-031-Osprey-with-fish.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 108
  • A013-Gator-with-Duck.jpg
    A013-Gator-with-Duck.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 109
  • A-014-Raccon-Standing-up.jpg
    A-014-Raccon-Standing-up.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 016-Mist-&Light-over-Viera-marsh.jpg
    016-Mist-&Light-over-Viera-marsh.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 93
Love the Osprey and the sun through the mist pictures.
On the Osprey, just a minor point, if the wing beat had been a fraction earlier or later such that the head was not in front of the wing then you would have a prize winning picture in my opinion.
I would be happy to have any picture like that.

Love the Osprey and the sun through the mist pictures.
On the Osprey, just a minor point, if the wing beat had been a fraction earlier or later such that the head was not in front of the wing then you would have a prize winning picture in my opinion.
I would be happy to have any picture like that.

I must admit I got very lucky with the Osprey photo. I was leaning against the car hood attempting to get a photo of something else when someone behind me asked me a question, turning around to answer them I saw the Osprey about to hit the water. Turning back around I grabbed the camera of the hood and turned around again, by this time he was out of the water and I started to shoot. Thank god I was in the rapid fire mode or I would have had nothing.

The mist/light shot, again I was somewhat lucky.I had planed to get to this preserve at 7am, dawn when the gates opened. Arriving early and finding the gates open I decided to go in and drive around to get the lay of the land as I had never been to this area before. Just as I got to the far end of the preserve this shot presented its self

I must admit I got very lucky with the Osprey photo. I was leaning against the car hood attempting to get a photo of something else when someone behind me asked me a question, turning around to answer them I saw the Osprey about to hit the water. Turning back around I grabbed the camera of the hood and turned around again, by this time he was out of the water and I started to shoot. Thank god I was in the rapid fire mode or I would have had nothing.

As stated, your photo is an amazing catch and is what many of us strive for. I have been trying for a long time to get some really great bird action shots and have a couple OK ones but I am still working on getting the winner (in my opinion only). Because I am an amateur photographer (at best) with limited and less than great equipment, it is kind of my Everest :wink:.

Had I had my shutter speed up more on this one it might have been what I was looking for. It was a loudy day when I shot it so light was an issue.....

As stated, your photo is an amazing catch and is what many of us strive for. I have been trying for a long time to get some really great bird action shots and have a couple OK ones but I am still working on getting the winner (in my opinion only). Because I am an amateur photographer (at best) with limited and less than great equipment, it is kind of my Everest :wink:.

Had I had my shutter speed up more on this one it might have been what I was looking for. It was a loudy day when I shot it so light was an issue.....

That is a great shot. Could you not rescue it with a bit of dodging around the head in PS?.
The only way to get the great shots in my opinion is to put in as much time taking shots as you can.
I recently spent a couple of days well inside the everglades sleeping in the SUV I wanted shots of Panther, bear, and Bob cat, I did not get any. My wife said I was crazy I would never see them. Well I wont if I sit on the couch at home but my chances increase the more time I spend out there. As I said I got lucky with the Osprey, after four 18 hour days in that preserve

That is a great shot. Could you not rescue it with a bit of dodging around the head in PS?

I honestly never thought of PS'ing it other than processing it as RAW to JPEG and adding my watermark. I'll have to give that a shot and see what the results are.

I recently spent a couple of days well inside the everglades sleeping in the SUV I wanted shots of Panther, bear, and Bob cat, I did not get any. My wife said I was crazy I would never see them. Well I wont if I sit on the couch at home but my chances increase the more time I spend out there. As I said I got lucky with the Osprey, after four 18 hour days in that preserve

This I would love to do. And I bet I would be called crazy (if not worse) as well :D.

I very rarely try and phot birds, far too difficult for me.
Here is a couple of my attempts
Birdofprey.jpg

I have never tried to get the sky to the correct colour.

Kingfisher2.jpg

and Dinner

InsectCropped.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom