Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. It is the Parliament Buildings in Ottawa. And actually the cat was taken behind the Parliament building where they have their own houses and get fed and vaccinated and cared for on Parliament property....their houses look over the Ottawa river toward Hull, Quebec. Tax dollars at work? They say no but I am not so sure. The funny thing was there were more people looking at and taking pictures of the cats coexisting with racoons and squirrels and birds than were looking at the statues and buildings.

SB_parliament_locks_framed.jpg

I like the soft light. Very nice indeed. Lower left, is that a river lock system?

@stephen: the last pic looks like it came out of a story book. love it! :)

Thanks Jon

I like the soft light. Very nice indeed. Lower left, is that a river lock system?

Thanks as well. Yes it is a small lock system and while it is not obvious due to distance and lighting, there is an "intentionally" stranded boat in the last lock.

Jon: More great stuff!
Steve: I really liked the first bird as well as the landscape with the Parliament Bldg.
Caloy: I love the lighting and the feeling of that shot. You did a great job of capturing some color and getting the expression on the woman's face on the left of the outrigger with such strong backlighting. Did you use a fill flash or dynamic lighting adjustment in the camera?

Jon: More great stuff!
Steve: I really liked the first bird as well as the landscape with the Parliament Bldg.
Caloy: I love the lighting and the feeling of that shot. You did a great job of capturing some color and getting the expression on the woman's face on the left of the outrigger with such strong backlighting. Did you use a fill flash or dynamic lighting adjustment in the camera?
Thanks all...

Larry, no fill flash or dynamic adjustment in camera (no such feature in a D70s). I kept shooting and just waited for her to turn her head to the light (sun). All this while keeping the man (in jersey) in front of the light and do a silhouette kind of thing. I think I got four shots off and I think the above pic is the best......(makes me want to go back and review the pics later again).

edit: went back to my shots, more of the fisherfolks here. Outside the resort, there's some kind of hand to mouth battle being wage. They do what they have to do, spread the nets, drag them to the shore and just sort out the "edibles". I saw some puffers, squids, small fries and cuttlefish catch.
3310769029_ee4b6e29ff_o.jpg

3310771319_85b08b26f0_o.jpg

3310770207_4e1ed28e29_o.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom