Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW.... those are fantastic shots.

Can't even begin to pick favourites.

Love the helicopter shot....
Love the clock tower shot...
Love the lightening shot....
Love the house by the sea...

Aww heck.... they are all really nice and inspiring.
Great shots from both of you.

Geez, when will I ever be able to get shots like those?

Fastmarc:
Geez, when will I ever be able to get shots like those?

I've only been taking pictures for around a year and just have a Canon Powershot S2 IS, which is a point and shoot with manual controls. I hope to upgrade to a Canon DSLR next year, but funds are more than a little tight between SCUBA and photography.

Just read a lot and ask questions if you see a picture or technique you like and the learning curve is pretty quick. I still only get a couple decent shots out of every outing...hopefully my average will improve!

I like these forums:
www.dcresource.com
www.dpreview.com
www.photography-on-the.net

and these photo critique sites:
www.photosig.com (my portfolio)
www.photo.net (my portfolio)

Fastmarc:
Jam, did you get a chance to go watch the rally and take any shots?
Was hoping you did. It would have been nice to have a fellow SB member catch me in action. :D

Nah, I didn't make it Marc.
What's the schedule for the new year?

I'm hoping to make it to at least one and try my hand at motorsport photography.
At the very least I figure I can see the New Kingston dexterity challenge or something?

T minus 16 days to go, until I have my dslr Marc :D.

Soggy, WOW!!
You've been holding out on us, those are some great shots dude....
I'd love to see some more of your work :).

Soggy:
I've only been taking pictures for around a year and just have a Canon Powershot S2 IS, which is a point and shoot with manual controls. I hope to upgrade to a Canon DSLR next year, but funds are more than a little tight between SCUBA and photography.

Just read a lot and ask questions if you see a picture or technique you like and the learning curve is pretty quick. I still only get a couple decent shots out of every outing...hopefully my average will improve!

I like these forums:
www.dcresource.com
www.dpreview.com
www.photography-on-the.net

and these photo critique sites:
www.photosig.com (my portfolio)
www.photo.net (my portfolio)

You're pretty spot on right there Soggy...
FastMarc:
Marc, practice makes perfect.

If it helps I really didn't get interested in photography until about exactly a year ago.

Soggy, those are with P&S? Well at the very least, these shots are inspiring me to take more shots, so maybe that will help my skill level improve.

Jam, I'm jealous. PM me and let me which rig and lenses you are getting. You know I'll probable be tapping you for some advice when my time comes.

I'll let you know when an interesting event will be running that may offer some good photo ops will be running.

Fastmarc:
Soggy, those are with P&S? Well at the very least, these shots are inspiring me to take more shots, so maybe that will help my skill level improve.

Yeah, a Powershot S2 IS. The trumpet and clock tower were done using HDR techniques. I did a lot of post on the trumpet tweaking contrast and adding in the vignetting.

The house, waterfall, and sea rocks were long exposures taken around dusk. I think I had a polarizer on for all of the shots involving water to reduce reflections and reduce the amount of light coming into the camera so I could use the f/stop and shutter speed I wanted. The town with the skies was a composite...the scene actually existed like that, but I didn't have a graduated ND filter, so I took two shots, one with the sky exposed, and one with the lanscape exposed, and merged them in PS.

Very nice, Soggy!

Back
Top Bottom