http://www.diveheart.org/

Member Grouchyturtle Urgently Needs Your Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This morning's update from Chris' sister:
Was hoping for better news this morning... Chris had another scan bc his headache remains the same. Things have remained the same with brain swelling. Please continue to pray and thank whatever powers you believe in that he remained the same and didn't get worse. My dad and I were so happy he was able to see the beautiful blue sky out the window on way for scan.
Please pray for strength for all of us.

I got to see Capt. Chris' beloved dog Sparky tonight at Yappy Hour (benefits a local rescue)!!! The friend who is caring for him brought him out. He looks a little lost, but otherwise ok. He's in good hands. That's my biggest fear in life, that something will happen to me and nobody will know to go get my dogs.

His sister posted
Chris didn't get out of bed today, but only needed Tylenol to manage pain. He finally drank and ate some cookies late afternoon. We were able to FaceTime my mom by bedtime.
Thank you Tylenol.
Thank you Naked Mighty Mango Juice.
Thank you Panera bread cookies.
Thank you doctors and nurses.
Thank you for another day.
Please continue to pray for full restoration from head to toe.
YAY YAY YAY!!!

The friend taking care of Chris' dog brought him by today so I could give him a heartworm pill. We spent a long time playing with him and making a fuss...he's looking good...such a cute doggy!!!

CHRIS WAS UP WALKING TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a few steps and with his dad's help but still!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A friend of his and I are taking his dog to the hospital tomorrow to cheer him up. I got to doggysit today for a few hours, what fun!!!

Many thanks to all who have prayed, cheered Chris on, shared, or contributed so far!!! He's not out of the woods yet but we are seeing progress. Please pray that they can get him to NJ next week to be with family!!!

Operation Smuggle Sparky was a big success!!! Chris' friend who is also Capt. Chris wore Sparky on his back in a Sherpa backpack that I gave him for Sparky's eventual flight to NJ, and I stood or walked in position where nobody could see the mesh panels with the wee cutie peeking out until we were safely in the hospital room. Chris just smiled and laughed and patted Sparky the whole time and it was AWESOME to see him smile and even laugh!!! We had anticipated a brief visit but ended up there 3-1/2 hours. Chris' wonderful dad was there too and is caring for him daily until he can be flown up to NJ to be with his family. Don't forget the GoFundMe to get him to New Jersey, if you feel moved to help, if even a little bit. He's a real good guy and the last person you would ever think would have a stroke.

13220938_10156930159760711_5059143105648684079_n.jpg

OH how can I forget to add that he is walking with assistance, 200' today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is young and strong and determined and I know he'll recover from this.

Terrific news, yesterday Chris walked unaided and even walked up some stairs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the BIG news is that tomorrow his father and brother in law are accompanying him on a flight from Miami to New Jersey, where he will be in a rehab. I'm delivering his beloved pooch Sparky to his brother in law's hotel in the morning; another friend took care of his USDA flight certificate. Sparky is spending the night with my dogs and me. I know he will be very instrumental in his dad's recovery.

The GoFundMe seems to have stalled. If you have an extra $5, $10 or even more would you consider helping him? With no health insurance, this has to be a nightmare. Thanks so much and please, everyone continue to pray and send good wishes his way!!!

13178743_567716913405778_7266926898173659_n.jpg

OMG I am sobbing like a baby here. Chris' sister just texted me his welcome home photo at Newark airport. He's home safe in the arms of his loving family. And reunited with his beloved furkid.

Now to pray for healing.

OMG I am sobbing like a baby here. Chris' sister just texted me his welcome home photo at Newark airport. He's home safe in the arms of his loving family. And reunited with his beloved furkid.

Now to pray for healing.

You seem like a good kind of friend to have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom