Meeting Swampers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daylonious

Señor Pantalones
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Split off from from previous thread

reposted from Parrotheaddiver -

we had a great time and spent way too much money at Scuba Toys....enjoyed seeing some of the gang and meeting a couple of new ones....There we about 15 of us for dinner and was suprised when Scubatooth showed up..looking good guy hope everything is going good for you....

a new soon to be Swamper and soon to be board poster John just finish buying all this gear Sat and can't want to go diving with someone. I told him to post here and he would have plenty of folks wanting to get wet.

Dalyonious had a lot of stories as a new Swamper and the best story came from Bermuda but it is classified and if we told anyone else we would have to kill them Lot of laughs really enjoyed the day.

Just wanted to say that it was really great meeting Beast, Dee, Parrotheaddiver, scubatooth and the rest of the gang saturday night!

We descended upon ScubaToys for a bit (where John promptly maxed out his CC on new dive gear - ahh that new BC smell) and then swamped On the Border for 'ritas and dinner.

We spent a few hours trading funny diving stories, mishaps, memorable dives and general diving philosophy. I came away with a theory that anyone that's on SB is most certainly not a "casual" diver - everyone at OTB on saturday night was certainly a bonafide diving fanatic and it was great visiting with everyone.

Great sharing laughs and drinks and talking with people who share a passion for what they do.

and repeat to yourself "Bermuda what? Huh? No idea what you're talking about..."

;-)

D.

Beast and I had a great time! Thanks to everyone who came out and helped with our 'Swamper Fix'. It was great to finally meet Mike's wife...I was beginning to think she was part of his imagination! And his daughter and son-in-law were there to boot! Tooth made a surprise appearance and I'm sory I didn't get a chance to visit with him. Ann and Don came all the way from San Marcos and Our Social Secretary Ken was there to show us his shiny rental truck....(glad to see you weren't even limping from your ordeal!) Daylon had some great travel stories (and I'm leaving it at that!) and John (I thought his name is David) proves that newbies can really remind you of how exciting diving is when you're brand new at it. I look forward to diving with him next summer before all the new gets worn off that great new gear he bought. :D

Larry at ScubaToys graciously relieved us of quite a few scuba bucks. I've got a few new things on my wish list. Beast was amazed at the place. I swear it's doubled in inventory since I was there this summer! It's so nice to be able to see and 'coon finger' such a wide selection of merchandise from so many different companies.

Thanks again everyone for such a great day. Especially Mary Sue and Billy for opening the Friendship Hotel for us!

Well Dee I look forward to diving with you too. I'm David, aka "John" apparently. Looking forward to trying out some of this new Scuba gear. I would be asking to see who is up for a trip to CSSP this weekend but with Rain/Snow predicted I think I'll have to wait to try out this new gear. Maybe I'll ask Larry for the use of his pool, have to work out weighting with this new gear/wetsuit anyway (is that a lame enough excuse). :D

See...I KNEW your name was David! LOL!

Yep...pool checkouts count! :D

Dee:
It was great to finally meet Mike's wife...I was beginning to think she was part of his imagination! And his daughter and son-in-law were there to boot!

Watch out for step-daughter and son-in-law...they should be hitting CSSP quite a bit next summer. :D

I had a great time also. Was good to see everyone again and meet some new swampers. David, you're gonna have a blast with this gang.

Things that get lost in the Bermuda Triangle stay lost in Bermuda Triangle. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom