Mediterranean Cruise Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Going to Dubrovnik in June 10. Just got certified and wanted to dive there. As I only have one ocean dive (Bermuda) will it be worth my while?

Sorry! I meant June 2011! To dive or not to dive...that is the question in Dubrovnik.

Thanks for any advice.

The question of whether it's worth it or not is tough to answer, as that's kind of an individual decision. For me, I figured this might be the only time I'd have the opportunity to dive the Adriatic, and I wanted that new experience. I also had 3 full days in Dubrovnik, so I didn't feel like I was giving up much sightseeing time to do it.

From a cost perspective, I believe it was 100 Euros per person for the 2 tank boat dive, including equipment and pick up at the hotel (we took the bus back).

The coolest part of the dive for me was the different terrain. Our first dive was down to a max of 100 feet, and we explored three caverns at different depths. The second dive was shallower, and we did a swim-through cavern and saw the remains of a wreck. Marine life was fairly limited compared to the diving I've done in HI, CA, and the Caribbean: 2 moreys, a big school of bait fish, a few nudis, and a small amount of coral.

I'd say that if you have a couple days in Dubrovnik, and are excited about diving different places in the world, it's worth it. If you're a more casual diver and don't have much time in the city, you could probably skip it.

Also, while in Dubrovnik I recommend the tram up to the fortress up on the hill. The fortress isn't anything special, and it's not especially cheap, but the views and pictures you'll get are worth it.

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom