Medical Marijuana availability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the good info. Those of us who do use medically know the stigma that we still deal with and it is not helped when called a person riding medical cannabis to make recreation legal(as if smoking pot and relaxing is not better then getting drunk and beating up your wife and kids with your newfound strength and courage).
It is a genuine concern to most divers that they don't dive with someone under the influence of a substance and I am one of them. But, very frankly, were it not for the use of cannabis I would be physically unable to dive. I think that is something that should be shared and celebrated as a boost for our community and not a cause for insults.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Off topic posts removed. Please stick to the discussion as outlined by the OP.

1. In North Carolina there is no state legalized Medical Marijuana so I'm curios about OP's prescriptive medical use or if they are using Medical Marijuana in the guise of asking "can i buy pot in honduras".

Thank you Beth. I have no prescription, it is by state law illegal in NC. I believe we have a federally protected right to forgo self harm under the US Constitution and am in the middle of bringing my case to trial to prove this before a jury. Not lacking courage doesn't equate to stupidity, but I'm sure I will be called stupid along with stoned diver, pothead and I think once, dope fiend. About the vape pens, they are not effective for me because they have only THC. CBD and THCV are very real requirements for me. I had tried a cape pen in Colorado and it seemed to have a butane smell and flavor as well.
The CBD half life using low temp oil would last for a week for my knees, and the THCV is available in the tropical/sub-tropical strains there in
Honduras, so even though it is seedy or swag it will likely be fine for me.
Thank you very much for your sharing.

TRYING to get back on topic: No, MMJ is not legal in Honduras (or the rest of Central America). Even with a prescription, it's not legal. You have two options, as I see it: 1) Find an alternative to MMJ for the trip. 2) Find the MJ without the Rx. Finding it in RTB is not hard. Utila is easier.

However, I HIGHLY suggest against anything even mildly or questionably illegal in a third-world country. The prisons there make US prisons look like Hiltons, and you go to PRISON there while awaiting further trial and/or investigation. I'd find the best alternative and give up on MMJ in Roatan.

Do not bring it on a commercial vessel of any type in the United States. Regardless of your prescription status, you will be arrested by the Captain and turned over to the Coast Guard for prosecution. The Coast Guard loves to interdict drug smugglers, so there is a culture of anti-drug in the Coast Guard. They will prosecute you to the highest level available to them. The Captain stands to have his vessel seized and license revoked.

I don't think the OP was taking a boat to Roatan, then again I do not think the OP is serious about this post as NC does not condone use of marijuana medical or not, Then when he mentions being able to see UV light when high on marijuana just kind of puts a lot of questions in place as to just what he is smoking

Yeah, I started my own thread. Sorry for the hijack.

Mod Edit: Medical Marijuana Incident

General rule of thumb for travellers world wide.....try not to have any drugs of any kind on you on airplanes.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom