Medical Certificate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tortuga James

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
One of my crew members is in the process of renewing and he said the USCG sent him a "Medical Certificate" deeming him fit for sea service. He said we are required to carry one along with our credentials during sea service. Any one heard of that? I renewed fall of 2013 and I didn't get one.

You should have received one in the mail. They are good until your MMC expires domestically and good for 2 years internationally.

You should have received one in the mail. They are good until your MMC expires domestically and good for 2 years internationally.
Never got one....unless it got lost as junk mail. I generally open anything from the USCG, IRS, NSA or NMF. :)

You might want to call the NMC and check on it. I know some people got issued certificates with short dates and were later issued new ones.

Call the Personnel center. You might not have gotten it if you are over 3 years from your last physical. You will have to keep it renewed, as in, you will now need a physical every 3 years. And don't be thinking of getting a renewal with diabetes, a heart condition, or high blood pressure. Coast Guard is getting tired of us hawsepipers, and they are getting rid of us any way they can.

I called them. My last renewal date was 22 May 2013. They were not issuing them then. None was ever issued for me, but she said they would if I requested it. It will not be required to have aboard until 2019 (At least as a Charter Captain) and they will issue one with my 2018 renewal. So no worries for now.

Yes just got my upgrade two week ago to 50 ton. I recevied one in the mail as well and said I had to have it with me.

Back
Top Bottom