McNett products on DUI Zippers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhwestfall

Woof!
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just asking manufacturer's opinion on McNett "Zip Care" cleaner and "Zip Tech" lubricant for use on DUI's zippers? I know you folks aren't fond of "Seal Saver"...

Thanks,

Bob

Just asking manufacturer's opinion on McNett "Zip Care" cleaner and "Zip Tech" lubricant for use on DUI's zippers? I know you folks aren't fond of "Seal Saver"...

Thanks,

Bob

I think they sell Zip Tech under the name Zip Stick.

I use Zip Tech on my DUI suits. More important than the stuff, itself, is how you use it. And also how you clean the zipper between applications. After cleaning the zipper (warm water and a soft brush), I basically cake my fingers with the Zip Tech and use my fingers to rub it smoothly into the teeth (top and bottom) and, importantly, on the zipper pad deep beneath the teeth, as that is the area that tends to wear out from the zipper pull.

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Bob,

I am not familiar with Zip Care. If it's the same as ZipStick that's great. I just don't know enough to say use it or don't use it.

We actually suggest that you lubricate the teeth of the zipper on the exterior.

If you don't know we have a video up DOGTV - Your waterproof zipper is the heart and soul of your drysuit at DOG TV - Your Waterproof Zipper is the Heart and Soul of Your Drysuit . It also points out the basics of good zipper care.

Here is something most people don't know... drysuit zippers from the factory come with no warranty. DUI warranties them for one year.

Hello Bob,
It's Gerald from McNett. Zip Care is a cleaner and lubricant in-one. Not only does the liquid in Zip Care lubricate the zipper, but it also contains cleaning properties. In addition, the Zip Care bottle comes equipped with a scrub brush to help remove dirt, sand and particulates from the zipper teeth. As DUI recommends, it is important that you give those zippers a good scrubbing every 25 dives or every 6 months.

Zip Tech is our high-performance lubricant for watertight and airtight zippers. Zip Tech is recommended for use on zippers that are subject to submersion in water.

I hope that helps!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom