Mckenzie Bight/Ogden Point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarkH

Contributor
Reaction score
Went to Mckenzie Bight this morning. Vis was 20-30 feet on the surface and 40-50 feet down deep. -Suprisingly good. Too bad there's not much to see unless you're into bare rock and silt. There was a spooky sunken tree at 70 feet or so. Later in the afternoon I went to Ogden Point. I tried to time it for slack (actually about 1/2 hour late), but the current was still pretty strong at the end. Vis wasn't great either, only 15 feet or so.

The pictures at Mackenzie Bight remind me of fresh water diving pretty bare.
I haven't dove there for more than 5 years it was better than that. but you probably dove #1. I use to dive #2 and #3 which are much better. Of course now days it mean you have to walk a lot farther down the road. Nice pictures Mark.

Hyper-limits:
The pictures at Mackenzie Bight remind me of fresh water diving pretty bare.
I haven't dove there for more than 5 years it was better than that. but you probably dove #1. I use to dive #2 and #3 which are much better. Of course now days it mean you have to walk a lot farther down the road. Nice pictures Mark.
There were the usual fish (lingcod, copper rockfish, perch), but you can't see them in the photos. Other than that, there were a few small boot sponges and some sea stars. Not much else. I guess you don't go to the inlet if you want to be punched in the face by colour. I go for the above average vis, nice steep walls and the chance of seeing something weird swimming up from the depths. Of course I'm always hoping to stumble across some secret canyon full of cloud sponges and six-gills, or maybe some sunken WW2 German sub that got lost and ended up on the wrong coast. Until then I'll just try to avoid kicking up clouds of silt and getting stung by jellyfish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom