Maya Palms - 'Bait & Switch' Fiasco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Kat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Sorry - but booking with Maya Palms - Nitrogenaddict/Douglas turned out to be a 'Bait & Switch' deal. We were at least the second people to book directly with Douglas, but when we arrived at Costa Maya we were told that Douglas had switched us to diving with Blue Ha as he was 'sick or something'. I believe the earlier person booking had been told he was having boat problems when he was switched to Blue Ha without his knowledge. Not to knock Tanya at Blue Ha, as she was very nice and we had 2 okay dives, but it seems very fishy that this has happened at least several times in the last few weeks ..... if you're going to be a booking agent for Blue Ha, just say so up front...

From my point of view, Douglas has a lot of explaining to do ..........

I was on the Rhapsody of the Seas two weeks ago and a couple from the ship dove with Douglas I am pretty sure. (I think there are only two dive ops there). They said they had a good time. I dove with Blue Ha and had a great time.

jstuart1:
I was on the Rhapsody of the Seas two weeks ago and a couple from the ship dove with Douglas I am pretty sure. (I think there are only two dive ops there). They said they had a good time. I dove with Blue Ha and had a great time.

Had no problems with Blue Ha & Tanya - although it's a bit uncomfortable to have told her that we were already booked w/someone else when originally setting up our diving, then get dumped on her doorstep. Douglas seems to have no problems posting all over the boards, but he couldn't have sent us an e-mail to explain? We were checking e-mail on the ship, but if we weren't, at least I would have felt better if there had been some effort of contact that we got when we returned home. The situation just wasn't cool.

Douglas/Nitro never responded to my posts here .... I finally got some contact with him over on Cruise Critic (what became a somewhat heated thread...) here's the link if anyone wants a look-see. I found it interesting that at one point he used poor internet service as an excuse for not contacting us after the fact about the switch .... when he posts and advertises himself all over these boards!! Anyway, better not get fired up again!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=107211

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom